Leo's Taco Truck

I sat right behind Leo as he drove Festus, my head resting on his shoulder blades, missing the bright blush on his face. I stared down at the water in my hands as I made shapes with it, stealing from the clouds when I needed more. I couldn't help but think of my old life. 

Who was I? What did I do? How did I know Jason, because it's obvious that I did. 

I was pulled out of my thoughts by Leo speaking. "Are you ok? You aren't normally this brooding."

I let out a small laugh before leaning back slightly. "Just thinking about my memories. I mean, there is something seriously shady going on here. The cyclops mentioned a person with a purple shirt speaking latin-"

"And Jason wears a purple shirt and you both speak latin," he finished for me.

"Yeah," I sighed. "And it's really stupid but I have this urge to protect him all the time, which is really scary when I don't remember him. And I know we know each other, and every fiber of my being is begging me to trust him but I honestly don't know him right now! It's just all so weird."

"Hey, it's alright," Leo said softly and took my hand. "We will figure this out together."

"Promise?" I mentally cursed myself for the vulnerability in my voice.

"Pinky swear," he responded causing me to laugh.

"Cyclops!" Jason exclaimed, causing both of us to jump.

"Whoa, sleepyhead," Piper said from behind him.

"D-Detroit," Jason stammered. "Didn't we crash-land? I thought—"

"Chill out Jason," I said to the boy behind me. "Everything is fine. You need to relax a bit. And don't move your head too fast, it'll make you feel worse."

"It's okay," Leo said. "We got away, but you got a nasty concussion. How you feeling?"

"How did you—the Cyclops—"

"Leo ripped them apart," Piper said. "He was amazing. He can summon fire—"

"It was nothing," Leo replied, trying to change the subject.

"Oh, it was definitely something." I bumped his shoulder. "Our resident repair boy is a huge badass."

"Shut up, Valdez," Piper laughed. "I'm going to tell him. Get over it."

And she did tell him. I interjected when necessary to say how awesome he was, forcing myself to not use the word hot.

"I'm not alone, then," Jason said after she was done. "There are others like me and Dia."

"Jason," Piper said, "you were never alone. You've got us."

"It's different," I said to her, understanding what he was feeling.

"I—I know ... but something Hera said. I was having a dream..."

Jason then recounted what she had said. He told us how Hera was in a cage, and she mentioned something about a dangerous exchange.

"An exchange?" Piper asked. "What does that mean?"

Jason shrugged dejectedly. "But Hera's gamble is me-us." He gestured to me. "Just by sending me to Camp Half-Blood, I have a feeling she broke some kind of rule, something that could blow up in a big way—"

"Wherever we came from," I began. "Do you think that it has something to do with all of this. If they come looking for us it could end terribly."

"Or save us," Piper interjected. "That bit about the sleeping enemy—that sounds like the lady Leo told us about."