𝐈

𝐋𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍:𝐌𝐈𝐀𝐌𝐈 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐈𝐀📍                     𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐄: 𝐒𝐄𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟒𝐓𝐇
                           𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄: 𝟔:𝟑𝟎 𝐀𝐌

𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐑'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

"Amir, wake yo ass up for school or you gon be late!" my pops yelled at 6:30 in the morning. I groaned getting up, he could've just knocked on the door with breakfast and shit like the white folks do in the movies.

It is the first day of school for me in a new state. I used to live in the Bronx's of New York, but a while back my dad secured a new job that paid a lot better. Yet, the only problem was that this new job of his would cause me and my family to move down to Miami,Florida. So me and my family decided on moving down here just recently to make things easier for us.

I'm not really nervous at the moment for it to be my first day at this new school and in a new environment. Im not hellbent on making new friends here either, I just wanna get my credits to graduate, then get the hell outta highschool.

I made my way to the bathroom so that I could do my hygiene. After brushing my teeth, washing my face, and showering, I went back to my room to pick out a fit.

I ain't looking to impress nobody, but a nigga still gotta be looking nice on his first day. I put on some black cargo pants, a long-sleeve black shirt, and some black shoes to go with it. Then I added a lil bit of accessories to it. "I look fine as hell," I said to myself staring in the bathroom mirror cheesing.

After I was done getting dressed I checked the time and saw that it was 7:15. "Shit" , imma be late. I walked downstairs to see that my momma was setting up breakfast and my pops was on the couch watching Tv. Ty was most likely in his room sleeping. I wish I was his age, school doesn't start till about 9:30 for middle schoolers while I gotta wake up at 6:30 every morning.

"Amir, I made you a to-go plate since school is already about ta start and I ain't want you to be hungry, it's in the microwave". My momma said in the middle of eating her food. "Thank you," I mumbled while kissing her on the cheek. I went over to the couch to dap my pops up and left a sticky note on my Lil brother's door for when he woke up. Then I was out the door by 7:20.

It took about five minutes to arrive at the school since it was around the block. So that meant I had at least 4 minutes to eat my food if I wanted to arrive on time. But me being me, I know imma take my time and be late anyways.

After eating my food I looked at my
phone and saw that it was 7:35. So I hurried up and walked through the school doors to get my schedule. I didn't know where the hell I was going so I was wandering around the school for about 5 minutes.  I stopped wandering when I saw a door with big black letters that spelled the word "office" on it.

I opened the door and walked in, In the office sitting at a desk was a pretty dark skin lady that looked like she was in her early 40s with box braids in her hair. She noticed my presence and plastered a smile on her face. "Hi, my name is Ms.Simpson and I suppose you're Amir Jackson right?"  She asked. I shook my head yes and sat down in the chair that was seated across from her. "Welcome to widow creek high school! It is so nice to meet you, here is your schedule and if you have any questions you can always come here to ask me them at anytime". I took my schedule out of her hand and mumbled a "Thank you" before walking out of the door to find my class.

My first-period class was Trigonometry. I hated math, that's why I decided to take this class in my senior year so that I could get most of my other credits out of the way and take the class I liked the least last. I really didn't need to take this class but it would look good on my record to have taken 4 math classes.

It didn't take me long to find my classroom, it was right around the corner from the office. I knocked on the door and a second later a middle-aged Hispanic woman with black hair and hazel eyes came and opened the door. I guess she was my teacher, hopefully she ain't gon do too much about me being late.

I walked into the classroom full of students talking, some people stopped their conversation to take a quick look at me. "Ouuu girl he fine" said one girl sitting in the back of the class. "Girl stop he might hear us" the girl seated next to her uttered while slapping her arm.  I cracked a small smile at the compliment, I wasn't looking for anybody a the moment. But it's nice to get compliments once in a while, it makes me feel good.

"Alright class enough with the talking, we have a new student here with us today!". Her saying that caused the whole class to stop their conversations and turn their attention towards me. "Hello, I was emailed that you would be participating in my class this year, you can call me Ms.Ortiz," she said with a polite smile. I smiled back at her, "my name is amir, and it's nice to meet you".

"Ok Amir, you can sit wherever you want, today we aren't really doing anything so you can have your phone out and get to know others if you like." With that I walked to the back of the classroom and sat in the seat that nobody was sitting in or near.

I pulled my phone out and decided to text my best friend Makayla. Makayla and I have been best friends since the  5th grade. I could count on her for anything. She was loyal, and fun to have around. Not only was she my best friend, but she was kinda my only friend. It was the same for her too, that's one of the reasons why we are so close.

𝐌𝐞: Makayla what you doing?

𝐇𝐞𝐫: nothing but sitting in this raggedy ass school           alone. This is embarrassing like I don't got nobody to talk to. What happened to "We should stick together, you're my best friend I'll love you forever."??

𝐌𝐞: Now Makayla-. I know damn well you didn't just quote that one cringey ass song from TikTok...Corny ass, but I think I'll be able to come visit you up there on the holidays.

𝐇𝐞𝐫: Yes i did. And you better, because shit is mad lame up here without you. But I gotta go cause Ms. Godwen's old ass doing the most right now.

𝐌𝐞: I'm glad I don't got her ass anymore. But imma talk to ya later then, I love you.

𝐇𝐞𝐫: I love you too

Y'all this is my first ever book. Don't hesitate to tell me if I spelt anything wrong or if something doesn't make sense. It would really help me a lot! Thankyou for checking out my story though!💗