Chapter 3: One Long Day

Mine: Hey! Wake up, newbie!

It was about mid-day and Mine was the one sent to wake Edward who had not left his room and was presumably still asleep.

Unlike most who would usually not mind waking up another, Mine didn't like new members very much and was very displeased with being the one to have to wake him up.

Getting impatient, Mine enters the room but finds Edward was actually awake and righting something in a notebook.

Now noticing the new arrival, Edward looks up towards Mine, "Oh, sorry, I didn't hear you. Guess I zoned into my notes."

He puts the notebook to the side and stands, getting ready for the day.

Curiosity got the better of Mine and she picked up the notebook that Edward had just put to the side.

Mine: What's this?

Turning back to her, Edward sees her holding the notebook. Instead of quickly trying to grab the notebook back and conceal his secrets, Edward just begins to explain.

Edward: I take notes of my travels in that notebook. I was just writing down something that came to my mind after some experiences.

Opening to the last page that was written on, there sits only one quote. Looking up confused, Mine waits for an answer.

Edward: "A man with a following is a God, but take that following away and they are human but once more."

There conversation is interrupted when Sheele enters the doorway, "Intruders have entered the area. Boss wants everyone to check it out."

Mine sets the notebook back down while Edward grabs his guns. They all make there way outside and group up with everyone else as they head to the disturbance location.

Edward: How many?

Lubbock: By how my barrier reacted, I'd say about 11. They're getting pretty close to the hideout.

Akame signals to Lubbock and Bulat who split off from the group. Lubbock heads off alone, Tatsumi goes with Bulat, and Akame splits from the rest.

Now leaving Edward, Mine and Sheele. Edward looks to the other two, "You two stay together, I'll go on my own, divide and conquer."

Mine: Don't tell me what to do, I'm your superior.

Even while protesting, she listens and stays with Sheele while Edward goes his own way.

Coming to a clearing, Edward finds 3 of the Intruders.

I1: Well, look who we have here.

I2: Must be an idiot if he thinks he can fight the three of us by himself.

The 3rd doesn't speak as he instead rushes towards Edward with his weapon raised.

Despite being 3 to 1, Edward quickly makes it 2 to 1 as he shoves the blade and barrel of his gun straight into the throat of the intruder who rushed at him.

Shocked at the action, the other 2 Intruders hesitate a moment before running at Edward as well.

Not removing the gun from the one intruders throat, Edward shoots through the rest of his rest of the throat and sends the bullet straight into another intruders head killing them instantly.

Finally removing the gun from the intruders throat, Edward looks to see the last of the 3 cowering on the ground.

I2: W-wait! Don't kill me! Please!

Not wasting a moment, Edward grabs the intruder by the throat and lifts him into the air.

Edward: I think you pissed yourself.