Chapter 8: Three Of A Kind

On the Reusen, 3 enemies have taken control, and now all 3 are charging Bulat.

"BEHIND YOU!" Tatsumi yells with worry.

Where as Daidara was in front of Bulat, the 2 others were attacking from behind.

One was smaller and younger than the others but still wore a similar outfit to show they worked together. He had blonde hair with small, black horns peaking through. His weapon was a recorder.

The other was an older man with long silver hair and a well maintained silver mustache. He wielded no visible weapon.

As all three charged Bulat, Bulat remained calm and collected, unlike how many others may have been in the same situation. Without a second to spare, Bulat kicked both attackers behind him away and preceded to quickly cleave his spear through Daidara, cutting him in half from top to bottom.

On the sidelines, Tatsumi and Edward stood in awe at Bulat's display on combat awareness.

"See? This is what I meant when I said to always be aware of your surroundings." Bulat said to Tatsumi, still unfazed by what just conspired.

Edward: Dude! That was awesome! For someone as big as you, you're fast.

Bulat: Thanks, I could show you more later if you'd like~

The two chuckled together after that while Tatsumi was sitting on the floor, still shocked.

Tatsumi: "He slaughtered the big guy and got the other two off his back. And... he did it in a split second!"

While Tatsumi was still on the floor, Edward asked Bulat, "So, where'd you learn that?"

Bulat: In my soldier days. Back then, they used to call me '100-Man Slayer'.

???: I believe it was 128, to be exact.

Behind them was the older looking of the 3. Edward, Bulat, and Tatsumi looked towards his voice, slightly surprised that they didn't hear him approaching sooner.

"You played a vital role in getting rid of covert operatives back then, did you not? I'd know that power and armor anywhere. It truly has been a while, Bulat." He continued, giving away that he knew Bulat personally.

Bulat looked at him in shock, hidden behind his belmet, "It's you. General Liver..."

"Former General, actually." He corrected, "Ever since Master Esdeath saved my life, I have been her devoted servant."

Edward: The more I hear, the more I feel like I shouldn't have given advice on her new sword....

Bulat and Liver continued to stare down each other with neither making any move. The first to move was Bulat as he spun his spear around.

Bulat: If things had been any different, I'd be drinking a toast to our reuninion. But since they're not, I'm going to have to kill you.

He held his spear out before getting into a ready stance.

Bulat: The mission comes first!

Edward looked at the encounter before looking at his hand. Memories of past conflicts playing for a moment.

"Michikatsu...." He thought as he clenched his hand into a fist. Tatsumi saw this but said nothing.

Edward walked up to Bulat and placed a hand on his shoulder. Bulat looked confused for a moment.

"I'll fight him if you can't. I understand." Edward said.

Bulat looked at Edward for a second before smiling under his helmet, "Nah, I got this. Bound to happen sooner or later."