Ch-1 Delivery of the Book

A luxurious black car is running down the streets and a young lady sitting inside it peeking out of its window as it's raining outside. She released a huge sigh as she felt nervous, happy, and excited together.

One Day earlier

While listening to the light pop music, a young woman headed towards her office building, and that's when she got a call from someone. She stopped the car in front of the company's building and gave the keys to a man to park her car in the parking area. She went inside while attending to the call. As she heads towards her office, everyone in her way is greeting her.

"Hi, I'm Muskan. I have already dismissed that one person, I'll tell you if I find someone new." She spoke with a straight face on the phone. "This is not what you need to be concerned about, what you should do to put into effect." She said sternly while increasing her walking pace, "Okay, I got another call coming in." she cut it to attend to another call.

"Hello, Mom! I won't go back home this year. You know I'm too busy with my work. I will go home and see you when I am available. I'll hang up!" She said in a soft tone, keeping a cold face.

Just before she is about to enter her office cabin, an employee calls her from the back and approaches her. She turns around to see who is calling her. The employee asked, "Ms. Muskan! Can I talk to you for a second?"

"Come on in." She replied as she entered her office. "Is everything with dismissing done? You'll not be an employee of our company." She said while taking her seat. " Out of courtesy, take a seat, please!" She spoke while pointing toward the seat in front of her desk. "

"No, no, no, Ms. Muskan, I wanna ask you to take my "Dismissal letter" back. I wanna stay in this company." The employee spoke hesitantly as Muskan was reading the file that was kept in front of her.

"You are in the workplace. Don't say such a childish thing!" She replied to him while analyzing the documents. "You don't own this company. Can you stay here just because you want to?" She said while glaring at him.

"So why are the two other people entering this company with me can stay here?" The employee spoke while raising his voice, pointing towards the office door. "Is it because they graduated from a famous university? On the other hand, I am just a graduated from a general college." He angrily said while Muskan looked outside the window.

"Ms. Muskan, please show your mercy to me, okay?" he said this sentence calmly.

Hearing what he said, Muskan just let a little chuckle and calmly said, "Workplace is just like a field of battle. You own it, no matter if you win or lose. There's no room for discussion. Now go!!!" The employee left without a word in frustration while Muskan again began analyzing the file for an important meeting.

A girl observing the whole drama leaning on the door just let out a fake cough to attract the attention of Muskan and entered the office with a big sigh and said, "Ms. Muskan, cool as usual. Our classmates should watch this." She sat on the sofa in Muskan's office and continued, "This will show them the complexity of society."

"Go ahead! What's the matter? Is there anything you can't talk about on call?" Muskan said with an unbothered tone while checking her computer system, making that girl smile in satisfaction.

"Our university will hold a peer reunion." The girl spoke out in one go.

Listening to her, Muskan hummed in response and asked, "That's it?!"

"What else?!" The girl responds. "Look at how you respond! That's why everybody let me talk to you and invite you personally." She said with a gesture while complaining like a child.

"I have a meeting tomorrow, which is very important. As for the reunion fee, I can give you my share." Muskan spoke with a straight face. "Ms. Muskan, why you're even more troublesome than in university!!!" The girl said annoyingly, glaring at her in annoyance.

"Toshika, you have to stop blathering here. Otherwise, the only good impression you left me will be ruined." Muskan said mockingly, covering her face with a book for defense. "Try keeping it that way. It's not over, is it?!!!" Toshika says while charging toward her with the magazine in her hand in annoyance, taking a seat in front of her desk.

When Muskan didn't feel any hit on the book she was holding, she peeked a little and kept it aside while chuckling in enjoyment. "I won't... tease you... Look, look! I will be so busy tomorrow that I really can't go. By the way, is he also coming?" She spoke while controlling her laughter. "When will your new book be published? I would desire to read your new book." She said, trying to change the topic.

"Well....." Toshika's words get cut off by the office telephone ringing, which Muskan quickly picks up to answer.

"Hello? Director Muskan here. Okay, I'll be there, bye!" She answered the call and then hung it up. "I am not being a good host!!!" She said while staring at Toshika teasingly.

Toshika took a deep breath and answered while ignoring her last question, "Anyone and anything can't disturb your work and study. Doing it is like a crash landing!" She went towards her bag, picked it up, and said, "By the way, the new book will be delivered to you. There is a character based on you. I'm waiting for your suggestions."

"Let's go!" Muskan said as they left the office.

A few moments later

In the office somewhere

"How do you feel about Siddhartha Singh, you just dismissed?" A Senior female asked Muskan, who was sitting on the sofa waiting for her work to be finished.

"Did he find you?" Muskan asked.

In response to her question, the Senior female hummed and answered, " Siddharth's quite angry. He said you have discrimination based on academic qualifications. I've already comforted him, and he agreed with our decision, but I would like to hear your opinion." she said as she sat on the couch placed in front of where Muskan sat.

"You don't know about his performance during his internship. If it's not his department manager imploring me to let him stay, I definitely would not let him stay in the first place!" Muskan answered confidently.

"Have you ever thought about why the manager department wanna keep a person without working ability?" The senior Lady asked with a slight smile on her face.

"He might be short of working ability, but he is popular!" Muskan answered confidently with a smile. "That's a way to get insight into employees' abilities." The senior woman remarked with a smile. In response, Muskan stared at her questioningly and said, " You didn't tell me like this before! You said, 'We should be result-oriented. It can help us get what we want effectively. Now you become tenderhearted so soon?" Listening to her, the senior just laughed.

At Evening

"Bye-be, Happy New Year in advance!" A female employee said, bidding bye to her colleagues with her friend. 

"Shh! The devil is having a meeting  inside!!!" Her friend whispered as she dragged her friend out of the building.

By the time the meeting was over, Muskan ordered her assistant to tell everyone to ensure everything was smoothly prepared for the upcoming meeting, as she didn't want to risk losing an important deal.

A few moments later

Muskan is wearing earphones, listening to light pop songs, and watching out the office window.

"The new book will be delivered to you. The character was based on you. I am waiting for your suggestions."

Toshika's words were repeated in her mind. She went to her desk and began to read it with a smile.

**************************

Thanks for Reading!