Ch-10 IDE BOOTCAMP

This whole chapter is based on my experience in the BootCamp, that is, Toshika's. So you are reading it as Toshika's POV.

**************************

As per the condition mentioned in the form, the team has to get to NITTTR Chandigarh for IDE BOOTCAMP of Innovation, Design, and Entrepreneurship one day prior.

So, my parents came to take me there at NITTTR Chandigarh.

When I was on my way, this monkey Ayush texted me that he forgot to bring his slippers and water bottle at home to come to enter the campus hurriedly around 3:30 pm on 21st June. I am happy and excited to attend this boot camp for half a month, and finally, I am here. 

My parents help me to find the girl's hostel at the NITTTR Chandigarh. I am a single child, so they always worried about me. They met the warden before I got room here. And when I got one, my mom came with me to the third floor to see the condition of the accommodator room I got there. When she was satisfied with my safety here, they left. Before their go, they also met my roommate, Kalyani, who just reached there from Delhi.

When I settled down there, by setting up my luggage in the cupboard, I first called my University Technological Department, Director Mam, Aparna N Mahajan Mam, to report that I got there, and got a room there.

But, after they left, the conditions to stay there were so harsh because of the excessive summer heat, the room on the top floor, with no AC or water cooler. So, I see my roommate's face and my phone. There were so many children complaining about their rooms most of them were girls because, in the boy's hostel, every room had a water cooler. After discussing it with Kalyani, I also send the complaint to the organizer there, Mr. Abhishek Ranjan Sir, Innovator officer of the MoE.

A few moments later, he called us down to the reception of the girl's hostel to meet him down there and tell him, what problem are we facing

A few moments later, he called us down to the reception of the girl's hostel to meet him down there and tell him, what problem are we facing. One by one, we told him our problem of not having a source of cooling except a fan in our room in, the unbearable heat of summer. He patiently heard our problems and said, "I am sorry to hear that but to be honest, I am not asking an apology for this because, firstly, when you came here, you know this is a BootCamp. Second, you all might know that this place is a hostel, not a hotel. But I see what I can do for the solution to your problem."

He said that he also reached here today and did not have any idea about the weather conditions here or the accommodation facilities provided here. He talked to the hostel warden and Rupinder Sir, trying his best to come up with a solution. He even promised us that if they did not find any solution to our problem, he would make sure that we would be shifted to a comfortable room where at least an AC or water cooler would be provided. He also showed us the Bootcamp office, where we can find him if we have any suggestions or facing any problems.

When we were about to return to our room, he stopped us and asked about our idea. After listening to our ideas, he asked me to follow him and Mr. Lakshay to the auditorium of that campus. He asked if I got one chance to talk with the Minister of Education by any chance, whether I could do it or not because he found my idea unique. And let me sit in the first row with two more innovators who had won SIH before for the testing online conference. By taking sir's permission, I also invited Ayush there.