💚Izuku Midoriya - Illness

Izuku Midoriya - Illness
Midoriya and the Reader are in hiding and laying low at a hotel, but Midoriya has fallen ill, leaving the Reader to care for him.

My leg bounced up and down in restlessness. I couldn't help but chew on my thumbnail as I watched Izuku. He was asleep, but panting like a dog from the heat. I already put a cold, damp washcloth on his forehead, and I took the blankets off of him ages ago.

I need to know his exact temperature.

I decided to risk it, going downstairs and buying a cheap thermometer from the hotel's tiny store. The second after I stepped into the room and locked the door, I was measuring Izuku's temperature.

I nearly gasped. It's 102.6. . ?!

"Izuku," I said as I gently shook him. "Izuku, I need you to wake up."

He groaned, turning onto his side and bringing his knees closer to his chest.

I took a deep breath. "Izuku, I need to get you under cold water. If you get to 103 degrees I'm calling it and we're going to the hospital."

Izuku only mumbled something incoherent under his breath.

I shook him just a little harder. "Please. I can't carry you to the bathroom by myself. I need your help." My voice sounded more panicky than I wanted.

Finally his weary eyes opened and found me. "I'll save you, (Y/N). . ." He mumbled.

I only nodded with a sweet smile as I tried to help him sit up. Before he tried to stand, I put his arm around my shoulders as my hand went around his waist. He radiated heat like the sun.

As he stood he stumbled a little, but I managed to keep us both upright. My tired muscles screamed at me, but I focused only on one step forward at a time.

In the bathroom, I helped Izuku sit on the little stool in the shower. It took a moment for him to sit against the wall and for me to be sure he wouldn't lose his balance and collapse onto the ceramic floor.

He wore only a t-shirt and shorts. I cringed at the thought of undressing him completely, since I wasn't sure I could manage to dress him again in his current state.

As I thought this, Izuku lurched forward and I barely caught him in time. Then he threw up the little contents in his stomach onto the shower floor.

I let him lean against my stomach as I stood in front of him, softly running my fingers through his hair. "Aw, poor baby, you must feel awful," I said gently. He nodded, closing his eyes as he rest there. He trembled weakly, one of his hands fidgeting with the fabric of my hoodie. We stayed like that for a moment before I softly pushed him back and gently tugged his t-shirt off. Underneath his skin looked very pale and flushed.

Then I grabbed the showerhead and turned the shower on. The first thing I did was wash the vomit down the drain. Then, I gently washed a little bit of cold water onto one of his legs. Immediately he sucked in a sharp breath and began to shiver, despite the heat his body continued to give off.

I gave him my hand to hold as I continued to run cold water on his legs. His grip was weak.

"Shh, you're doing great, you're doing great," I murmured to him. "It'll be over soon. I know it's cold, I know. But you're doing great – "

A few minutes later I pressed the back of my hand against his forehead, but he didn't feel any cooler.

I should run cold water on the back of his neck.

With a sigh, I set the showerhead down and pulled my hoodie up and over my head, revealing just a bra underneath. Then, I gently pulled his head forward and let him lean into my stomach again as I stood. This way, I could slowly run water on his neck and his own clothes wouldn't get wet. I didn't want my hoodie to be soaked either, hence I took it off.

Then I very gently let the cold water trickle onto his neck.

Izuku took another sharp inhale, holding his breath. I ran my free hand through his hair. "Shh, it's okay. I'm here to make you feel better. Just relax, it's okay. . ."

A few moments later, I turned the shower off. I reached over and grabbed a towel and dried Izuku off. Then I let him sit against the shower wall again as his consciousness faded. I brought the thermometer in and checked his temperature. I nearly sighed in relief.

It's only 100.2 now. . . He should be okay for a little while.

I quickly put my hoodie back on before glancing at Izuku. I leaned in close, nuzzling my nose in the crook of his neck. Without thinking he put one of his arms loosely around my back. Softly, I kissed his cheek a few times.

"You did great, Izu-kun. Now let's get you back into bed. . ."

Without opening his eyes he nodded. I slipped next to him and put his arm over my shoulders again, helping him stand on the slippery floor. I begged my muscles to stay strong, to just get him back into his bed. At this point, I was essentially carrying Izuku. I don't think he was supporting himself at all. His body wanted to rest, and he had no say in the matter.

Eventually we reached the bed. He collapsed onto the covers, curling into a ball on his side. I let my fingers work through his hair for a moment before getting up and laying his t-shirt on the desk in the room. It was better if he wasn't wearing it, at least until he cools off a bit more.

I sat back in the chair, utterly exhausted. But I didn't allow my body to sleep. I had to keep awake in order to watch Izuku and his temperature. If he ever got to 104 degrees, he would be looking at permanent damage to himself. I had to make sure he never got there. Otherwise I'd have no choice but to turn us both in to the authorities, and if that happened, a lot of people would get hurt.

So I simply watched Izuku as he finally got some peaceful sleep.

A/N: I'm back!! Starting off with a very short, old oneshot I wrote a long time ago :) Hopefully you'll be seeing more of me soon! <3