💜Hitoshi Shinsou - Thunder

Hitoshi Shinsou - Thunder
The reader is Shinsou's girlfriend, and is spending the night at his house.

Hitoshi's parents were out of town this weekend, so he invited me to stay over for both Friday and Saturday night. I told my parents I was with Mina all weekend, and they didn't care.

After walking home with him Friday after school, we lounged on his couch with his three cats, watching Netflix until dinner time. He made us a simple meal of macaroni and cheese. I love him so much.

As we ate, raindrops drizzled onto the roof, sizzling like a soda. And as we cleaned our dishes, the weather only got worse.

I kept my creeping anxiety away from Hitoshi as we got ready for bed. The rain pattered loudly, echoing throughout the room. I couldn't even enjoy the first night we were spending together.

"Is something wrong, (Y/N)?" Hitoshi asked, his eyebrows falling.

"What?" I asked. "Oh, no. It's all good."

A loud roar echoed everywhere, rattling my teeth and bones. I jumped from the sudden boom, wrapping my arms around my head, shaking like a leaf.

Hitoshi slowly and softly took my arms away from my head, staring at my pale face. I kept my gaze away from him.

This was embarrassing.

Then he wrapped his own arms around me. One of his hands held my head protectively against his chest, as the other rubbed my back. I took a deep breath in, inhaling his scent. He smelled like laundry detergent.

Another explosion cascaded throughout the house.

I flinched, squirming against Hitoshi's touch. The only feeling that controlled me was the need and the urge to become as small as possible.

"Shh." He spoke softly in his husky voice. "It's okay. I've got you. I've got you."

I sucked in a breath as I started to cry. "I'm so sorry, Hitoshi." I dug my head into his chest. "This is so embarrassing."

"No it's not." He kissed my forehead. I looked up at him. "You know what is embarrassing? A fear of clowns."

I giggled. "That's you." I booped his nose. He smiled softly.

"(Y/N), I'm gonna hold you and protect you all night, okay? So that you don't have to be scared and alone all night. As long as I'm here, you'll be safe. I'll protect you, my love."

I hugged him tight, nodding into his chest. He sighed, chuckling. "Let's get in bed, I'm exhausted."

After climbing under the covers, a loud grumble of thunder seemed to shake the house. I softly gasped, shaking in fear.

But Hitoshi held me so close. Everytime thunder boomed, he would kiss my forehead softly while whispering sweet comforts.

"I've got you."

"You're safe. So safe. With me."

"It's okay."

"Just focus on me, yeah?"

Each time he talked, he was half asleep, mumbling as if the words came from his subconscious.

Even with the thunder rumbling throughout the night, I was able to relax in Hitoshi's hold, getting maybe half as much sleep as he got.

I'm so lucky. I love him so much.