💚⚡️Yo Shindo - Exchange

Yo Shindo - Exchange
The Reader is in her second year at U.A. Shindo is part of an exchange program. He is attending U.A. while Sero is attending Ketsubutsu Academy.

"(Y/N)!" A calming voice called. I whipped my head around and flashed a beautiful smile.

"Shindo!" I replied, watching him catch up to me. I lightly pushed him away as we walked side by side out of the dorms and to our classroom.

"How's the semester been?" I pondered.

"As much as I'm glad to see my friends back home again, I'm gonna miss everyone here." He stated.

I couldn't help the small smile grow on my lips. "That just means you have to come back and visit."

He chuckled. "Yeah, I guess. As long as you promise not to taser me again."

I held up my hand and examined it, teasing him. My quirk activated, five sparks emitting from each of my fingers. "Don't give me a reason to and we're cool. Capiche?"

"Gotcha, Miss Taserface." He joked, scurrying up the stairs to the school, just out of my reach. He turned back to me and grinned, winking. I could feel my heart melt as I followed him to Class 1-A

Ever since I ran into him at the licensing exam last year, I've had the biggest crush on Yo Shindo. And it only grew when we started spending time together during his stay here. Even though I wanted to be with him, I knew it wasn't plausible - how could we be happy together when we're on different sides of the country, with no way to see each other? I don't think I could do it.

Hardly paying attention in class, I rushed off to lunch. The growling in my stomach was apparent to everyone as they parted for me.

I found my spot at a table with Momo, Uraraka, and Tsyuyu. We were having an idle conversation about our upcoming finals.

". . . (Y/N)? Earth to (Y/N)?" Uraraka waved her hand in front of me."

"W-Wha. . . What?" I shook my head.

"You were daydreaming about Shindo again, weren't you?" Tsuyu pried.

I scratched the back of my neck, accompanied by nervous laughter. "Was not."

"Was too. You're blushing!" Momo pointed at my cherry cheeks.

"Why don't you just tell him? Before he leaves next week?" Uraraka asked delicately.

My eyes found a spot on the table as I sighed. "It's just. . . Nothing serious could happen between us, assuming we both liked each other. We wouldn't be able to be together until years later, after we both graduate school and become heroes. It's a lot to keep up a long distance relationship. I don't know if I could do it."

"Wouldn't it be worth it?" Tsuyu asked. "Besides, you should tell him. What if he doesn't reciprocate? Then you'll be able to move on."

My fingers fidgeted with one another on the table. I searched the cafeteria, laying my eyes on him. He was mid-laugh, sitting with Midoriya, Shoto, Denki, Kirishima, Shinsou, and Bakugo. They were all laughing, besides Bakugo. His smile sent butterflies flying in my stomach.

"Part of me likes not knowing, and I think I want to keep it that way." I said softly.

Walking alone, I made my way back to the dorms. I was stopped by a strong hand grabbing my upper arm, latching on tightly. With just my instincts, I activated the tasers in my hand and tried to shock this person, but they also grabbed my wrist.

"Relax, (Y/N). It's me."

The hold they had on me was gone. I turned and stepped back, creating distance. I gasped. "Shindo? You gave me a heart attack!"

"I know, I know, I'm sorry." His brown eyes gazed into mine as I swam in them. He shook his head, refocusing. "Come with me."

He held his hand out for me to take. I raised an eyebrow. "Where we going?"

"Just take it." He outstretched his hand closer to me.

I huffed, feigning annoyance, then took his worn hand. It must be worn from training, especially with his quirk.

Immediately he began running back to the dorms, only he didn't enter the building. Instead, he dragged me behind it before letting me go.

"What are you doing, Shindo?" I demanded. This was getting really weird.

"I just need to talk to you, (Y/N). Serious stuff."

My eyes widened. "Are you okay? Did something happen?"

"I'm fine, nothing happened, don't worry." He almost seemed to hesitate, before taking both of my hands in his warm ones. "I just need to tell you something.

"(Y/N), I'm hopelessly in love with you. I can't get you out of my head, ever since I first saw you. You are so beautiful, and smart, and talented. I've loved getting to know you better over the course of these few months." He took a deep breath. "I don't expect you to feel the same way, but I wanted to tell you before I left. I want to be with you, (Y/N)."

My entire body trembled. He loves me?

I want to be with him. I want to be his, and I want him to be mine. I want his warm hugs and soft kisses, his laughter and happiness. I want it all.

But could either of us survive a long distance relationship for years? The earliest we could be together is at the end of our third year, after we graduate. That's still more than a year and a half away.

Do I tell him the truth about my feelings? Or do I protect him from the years of hardship that would follow?

Should I be selfish or should I be selfless?

"I-I need time to think, Shindo." I sheepishly glanced at my feet.

"Hey, that's alright, (Y/N)." He plucked one of his hands and tilted my chin up to his face. "Don't be ashamed. I didn't think you'd have an answer right away. I'll give you time to respond, okay?"

I merely nodded, and let him walk me back to the dorms. I went straight to my room, throwing my bag to the floor and jumping onto my bed. I didn't bother to turn the light on. I rolled over onto my side.

Would the pain be worth it?

That was the real question. There was no need to get together, only to have it collapse on itself because our relationship isn't strong enough.

But I want him. . .

Fuck. What am I supposed to do?

I repeatedly knocked on the door until I heard rustling on the other side. I still hasn't made a decision - I hoped the answer would reveal itself when I talked to him. And that couldn't wait one moment longer.

The door opened inward and reveal Shindo, eyes squinted, hair ruffled, fabric imprints on his face.

My lips crashed into his before I could think about it. He didn't even hesitate to kiss me back, moving rhythmically against mine. I pushed him into his room, as he shut the door. My fingers tugged at his messy, black hair. He held me close to him, h8s hands resting on my back.

He pulled back. "(Y/N), does this mean - ?"

I beamed, then nodded.

"I love you too, Shindo."

Please. Let me be selfish this once.

A/N: sorry for the delay today! It's been busy with the holidays and finals coming up!

There will be a special chapter posted on Tuesday since that is my birthday! I'm very excited 😁

Have an amazing day!!!