💚Izuku Midoriya - Sacrifice

Izuku Midoriya - Sacrifice
Midoriya saved the Reader but was injured in the process. The Reader stays with him to comfort him even after he falls unconscious.

I cradled his head and emerald locks, running my fingers through his hair. He appeared peaceful and relaxed, his jaw slack and mouth slightly agape. His skin was soft and warm against my gentle touch.

There was a distinct purple and blue mark around his left eye. It was swollen, and tender to touch. Just looking at it filled the pit of my stomach with guilt.

This is my fault.

My hand moved down to his cheek, where a cut outlined a part of his lower lip. A splotch of crimson red blood surrounding the cut reminded me of the events from the night before, leaving a frown on my face.

You shouldn't have done that.

I wiped the dried blood away, attempting to erase the horrors from last night. Tears began to pool in the back of my eyes. Unconsciously, my hand found his, intertwining our fingers. My thumb massaged the back of his hand, my other still toying with a strand of his emerald hair. I sniffled, trying to keep quiet as my body shook and tiny tears dripped down my face.

It's my fault.

You shouldn't have done that.

Why did you do that?

Still cradled in my arms, he began to stir. His head rolled side to side as he groaned. Still holding his hand, I gave him a squeeze as my other hand tried to hide the tears stained on my face. He squinted his eyes, blinking the sleep out of them. His left eye had a hard time opening. "(Y/N)?" He mumbled. "Where are we?"

"Shhhh." I whispered, examining his gruesome black eye. "Does this hurt?" He grunted as I felt the area around the bruise.

He stared at me with intensity as I continued to look at his eye. "(Y/N). . . Are you crying?" His hand outstretched to my cheek. I turned my face away from his hand, hiding my tears. "Why?"

Gritting my teeth, I forced myself to stop crying. "I'm okay. You're the one that's hurt." I commented.

"I don't want to see you cry. Ever." I blushed from his words.

He tried to sit up from my lap, but I turned back to him and held him down. "Hey, hey, relax," I cooed. He coughed, wincing from the force. I felt his forehead. "It feels like you might have a fever."

He weakly brushed my hand away. "I'm fine." He gazed into my eyes, almost seeming to memorize them. "Why are you crying? . ."

Sniffling the last tears away, I sighed. I ran my hand through his emerald hair yet again.

"Why did you do that?" I murmured. "It was supposed to be me."

His eyes, still gazing intently into mine, seemed to soften with sadness. His voice was strong and unshakeable as he spoke.

"Because I love you, (Y/N)."

For a moment, I was silent as I processed his words.

He loves me?

It's the first time he's told me that.

I smiled softly. "I love you, too." The words rolling off my tongue left butterflies in my stomach. My thumb ran back and forth over his smooth lips as my smile faded. "Please don't hurt yourself for me again, okay?" My voice was quieter.

"No way." He raised a hand to caress my cheek. I held his hand there.

"How dare you." I spoke with fake authority.

"I would wink, but I kinda already am."

I laughed, before gazing into his eyes again. I held his hand. "Thank you. For everything." I whispered.

A smile tugged on the corner of his lips. His hand reached up and balled the collar of my jacket. Then, he pulled me down to him, to where his smooth lips met mine.

Just before I had a chance to sink into the kiss, he pulled back. He seemed to be in pain. I could feel the heat radiating from his body. Maybe he really did have a fever?

"(Y/N) . . ."

Once again, I felt his forehead with the back of my hand. In this short amount of time, his temperature had rapidly increased.

I finally noticed how weak and pale he looked, slightly trembling in my arms. He was covered in a thin layer of sweat.

"(Y/N) . . ?" He repeated.

"What's - What's wrong?" I stuttered. "W-Why is this happening?"

He grunted. "Please don't freak out."

To my horror, he started to lift his two jackets and shirt up, revealing a three inch cut down his abdomen. It was bleeding, but you couldn't tell with his black clothing on. His shirt had been sticking to the wound, stopping some of the bleeding. But after lifting his shirt and exposing the cut, it began to bleed rapidly. I could feel the tears rushing back.

How did I not notice?

In a small moment of panic, he called my name one more time before his eyes rolled back, revealing the whites of his eyes as his body went slack. His voice was small and desperate, as he appeared to beg me for help.

". . . (Y/N)?"

"Izuku, no . . ." I gasped. It should've been me. It should've been me. It should've been me.

"Why didn't you tell me, idiot?"