🔥❄️Shoto Todoroki - Sick & Cold Pt. 2

Shoto Todoroki - Sick & Cold Pt. 2
The Reader is on the run with Shoto Todoroki, but has caught a cold. They have found an empty cabin to spend the night in.

Everything felt soft, like I was entangled in clouds. My nose took in the strong scent of fresh linen and shampoo. Light-headed and clammy, I shivered. The pile of blankets weren't doing me any favors.

"Shoto?" I mumbled, absentmindedly. I had no control over it - my subconscious misses him.

"I'm right here, Princess." He whispered, close to my ear. His hand found my hair, softly running his hand through the ends of it.

My eyes opened as the room spun. Shoto had a shotgun in his other hand. ". . . You have a gun?"

"Don't worry, you're safe." He assured me. "I need to take him out once and for all. So that he never finds and hurts you." Shoto then stood and began to walk out of the bedroom.

In a weak fit of panic and urgency, I tried to sit up to chase after him. Instead I squirmed against the heavy comforter, coughing from the effort. He was instantly down by my side again.

The word left my mouth before I could even think of it. "Stay." My voice was raspy and hoarse. I saw Shoto's jaw tighten. My eyes blinked very slowly. "Please. . ." I begged.

He sighed, standing tall once again. He glanced down at the firearm in his hands. Then, Shoto walked to the door. I hit my head against the pillow, about to cry and whimper in quiet frustration. Please don't go, I thought. I don't want to lose you.

But he merely closed and locked the wooden door with a click.

Shoto made his way to the other side of the bed, placing the gun against the wall. I watched him climb into the bed, under the layers and layers of thick blankets. Closing my eyes, I turned to him as he held me against his strong body. I trembled slightly, everything feeling cold.

My head fit in the crook under his chin. "You're freezing." Shoto commented. His warm, toasty hand ran up and down my back. "I'll keep you warm all night, (Y/N)."

I started to drift into the dark. "Thank you . . ." My voice was hollow under my breath, as everything faded away.

Partway through a dream, I felt I was free-falling. The air rushed by as the ground grew bigger and bigger with every second.

When I made impact, I jolted awake as I tried to catch myself. Shoto's arms still held me against his body, protecting me. His warm hand was still on my back. Still, I shivered like ice.

And Shoto kept me safe from harm.

I was panting. Running. Sprinting from something. It was a beast of some sort. I could hear the gallop of it's four feet, thundering and echoing against the walls of a giant chasm. Fear stroked my stomach as I scrambled to find a secure location.

"(Y/N)!" A voice cried out from my right. I glanced over and saw, floating on a cloud, was Shoto.

In an effort to ask for help, I opened my mouth to shout but no sound came out. Instead, I extended my arm to him, wordlessly requesting his assistance.

"It's okay!" He shouted back at me, but to my left. I whipped my head around to see him on an identical cloud. When I looked back over to my right he was gone.

The steps were louder. I dared to look over my shoulder.

It wasn't a beast. It was him. Instead of wearing almost a kind of robe, he dawned on him a full suit of metal armor, clanging and clacking as he ran to me. Blue smoke seeped out from the cracks in the hands of the armor. A shield covered his face.

There was only about twenty feet separating us.

Now accompanied with urgency, I once again tried to scream at Shoto to save me. And once again, no sound came out of my mouth.

Then Shoto vanished. Confused, I lost my concentration and tripped, tumbling to the ground. I quickly turned over, to find the suit of armor hovering over me. The smoke was no longer there.

I couldn't move anymore. My muscles were frozen. He studied me, my face. Does he recognize me?

Where's Shoto?

He then put his hands on either side of the helmet to lift it off. And he revealed not a he, but a her.

A sickening feeling grew rapidly in my gut as I recognized the face. My mother - a villain who destroyed my life. She smiled at me, showing off her wretched yellow teeth.

"Wake up, Princess!" She shouted at an audible not possible for humans. The sound was screeching like a banshee, ringing and vibrating my bones deep inside me.

Then my eyes opened.

"Wake up, Princess."

A fire was building inside me as I gasped. I could feel the heat radiate from my body into the air right above me. Beads of sweat pooled on my forehead. The thick blankets no longer covered me from the torso and up.

"It's okay, (Y/N). Calm down." Shoto was sitting up, holding my hand, his face full of grave concern. "It was only a dream. Dreams can't hurt you."

I averted my gaze, before getting caught in a very weak coughing fit.

His hand found my forehead. "You're burning up."

I moaned in response.

"You need more rest. It's only been a few hours. I'll protect you, my Princess." He assured me, laying back down.

His cold hand worked it's way around my entire body, trying to cool me down. "Do you think you can sit up so I can take your hoodie off?"

I nodded, attempting to sit up before falling back onto the comfy linen. Shoto helped me slide my hoodie off above my head, revealing two shirts underneath - a long-sleeve and a t-shirt.

The fever was still fraying me from the inside out.

Eventually I found some sort of peace. The next time I opened my eyes, pieces of sun were poking their way through the cracks of the blinds at the singular window in the room. Shoto was fast asleep, spooning me with his arms wrapped around me. Overall I felt better, especially now that the fever's passed. My muscles and bones ached, sore from the events that have transpired from the past few days.

My fingers fiddled with Shoto's. He is so protective of me, and he cares about me so much. And I feel special inside because I doubt he's ever cared this much about anything before. With the exception of his mother.

He was willing to keep me safe and dry, and carried me when I was too weak to walk. He took care of me, and made sure I was never alone.

God, I love him.

A/N: should I make a part 3!? 🤔