Chapter 8

"Do you have white vinegar?" He asks me.

I haven't heard of removing tea stains with white vinegar.

"I don't know?" I raise my brows reminding him that I was just as new to the place as he was.

"So maybe you can go and check?" He mimicked my expression.

Smarty pants.

I blow to cool down my tea and knock on Rach's door before walking to kitchen.

It's clear that whoever stocked the kitchen was an organizer. I pull open drawer and find the tray arranged with spices, all in small labelled glass jars.

I think I drool a little. And I think Alessia would too if she saw this.
I think the kitchen would give me ASMR fever.
I'll probably spend the rest of my life among these pretty glass jars.

I was so lost in my thoughts that Rach had to shake me.

"Now's not the time to space out. We have a patient out there."

I snigger and then quickly suppress it when I see a glaring Luke lurking outside the kitchen.

I quickly duck and start rummaging around for vinegar.

"Do you even know how to get rid of a stain?" I ask as I pass him this bottle.
He quirked a brow in response.

My subconscious was glaring daggers at me. I never spoke to him in this manner. I should stop talking. He was a very intimidating creature. I had no clue what had gotten into me, I couldn't stop poking him.

"How's the burn?" I chew the inside of my lip hoping he would take the olive branch.

He snatched the metaphorical branch and stomped all over it.

"Oh I don't know Hastings, it's not my area of expertise. Perhaps you could help me?"

I so did not imagine that. Nope.

He turned around and walked into my bathroom.

He peeps outside.

"Come on Hastings."

Yeah right. No!

"Just use the toothpaste on the burn. It'll keep it cool and the burn won't blister."

"Thinking ahead aren't we? I need help with the shirt."

I stutter and then join him.
I hold the shirt- which smells amazing, not that I was sniffing- as he pours the liquid on it.

He gets busy with cleaning up the shirt and I'm dismissed.

I walk outside and stare at my no cold tea.

A phone rings and I realize it's the caller tune I set for Blake.

I turn towards my bedroom and almost stumble into Luke.
He is holds out my phone and gives me a weird look.

"Hello?"

"Hi! You forgot about me" Blake complains.

I almost smack my head and then remember what mom said about it.
I was supposed to call her when I reached Delhi. But between all the rushing and the breakfast I forgot to call her.

"Sorry! I forgot. We were at her aunt's place all morning and we got home like 15 minutes ago."

"Could've texted me maybe. Anyway. I want details. How's everything?"

"The apartment Blake. I love it. I was really hoping that the pictures on the site were not a scam and man, I love it. I'll give you a virtual tour when we are done unpacking. The bathroom is to die for. There is this huge ass mirror in my bathroom and my bedroom. The balcony? Chef's kiss. The whole apartment is very airy. And don't even get me started on the kitchen. I'm gonna start cooking just so I can be in there-"

"Breathe Hastings. No one's taking away your phone." Luke says as he walks past me and slips outside the flat.

"Who was that?"

Silence.

"Adaline. Was that who I think it was? And if yes, what is he doing in your apartment?"

I scrunch my face. I don't want to talk about Luke.

"It was Luke. But we will not talk about him. We will talk about my awesome apartment." I tell her.

"No no. Please tell me why is he at your place?" Blake ignores me completely

"He was dropping us at our place." I say in a tone I hope sounded nonchalant.

"Correct me if I'm wrong but the parking lot is at the bottom on the building. No?"

"What are you implying?" I huff.

"Implying? Musa and I are manifesting it." She laughs.

Musa. That traitor.

"Manifest Versace if you must. Keep me out of it." I reply.

"Why do you sound so bothered? Unless....."

The innuendo wasn't lost on me.

"Blake?"

"Yea?"

"Shut up."

She starts laughing and I hang up.

********************

Vote and comment.

Love,

MJ