Chapter 1

I've always wanted to move in with Rach in my own apartment. So I and Rachael, my childhood best friend, have been saving since ever. Now, finally after convincing my parents, we have bought an apartment in Delhi.

"You sure it's safe?" Dad asked

My parents were being protective as ever. I was twenty three but they still treated me like a four year old.

"Dad, dad we talked about it. You checked it yourself didn't you?" I asked

"I did, but I think you can find a better location. More safe." Dad said

I wanted to tell him that you can never have enough security anywhere especially Delhi, but that seemed like a perfect way to abort my future plans.

"Dad I know you are worried, but trust me it's safe and it's close to my university. Rachael is staying with me and her aunt's family resides there. I couldn't be more safe." I said.

Talking to dad was like handling a bomb. One wrong move and you're dead.

Dad grunted in response, clearly unhappy how the conservation went.

I did a small victory dance the moment I was out of room. Alessia, my older sister, looked at me and cracked a sad smile.

She wasn't very happy about my decision to go out to study. Growing up I and Alessia had always been really close. We didn't spent a waking moment apart. Where I was an extrovert, Alessia was total opposite. If I could I would have taken her with me. But everyone knew that no way in hell would dad allow it. If I didn't had the university he would have locked me up in the house, too afraid to expose Al and me to the harsh world outside.

I returned it with a bright smile. Alessia needed to crawl out of her shell and explore the world. This was just the start.

That evening Rach called me confirming that I was still picking her up. She continued talking about how she had ideas to decorate the flat, on which I reminded her that we both had agreed that I would do the decorations and she reluctantly agreed saying that she was merely telling me about her plans.

The whole hour we talked, she was telling about her plans that no more included decorations or anything remotely related. She also was very excited to meet the guy she was dating online. I imagined her expression if the guy she was dating turned out to be a forty something nut who was looking for fun. I shudder thinking about trusting a person you never met with your feeling. Seemed like a perfect way to experience a heartbreak.

Dinner was noisy as ever. Everyone seemed adamant about avoiding talking about tomorrow. Can't blame them, though the decision was mine, I couldn't help but feel the dread filling the air around me.

Musa, my younger sister wiggled her brows at me, a smile playing upon her lips. God knows what's going on in her small head.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"Its just I'm scared. and I'm not used to not having you guys around and even though Rach would be with me I'll be alone. It would be weird. I don't know how to explain it" I said as we collected our plates.

"Like you want to explore the world but also scared of doing it?" she asks

"Yes"

"You'll be fine. Plus he would be there. Ohh I'm so excited." she squealed.

"There is nothing to be excited about. Nothing will ever happen between us."

I state.

"We'll see." she wriggled her brows again.

I hated that some part of me hoped that Musa was right , but despite the fact that I felt attracted to him I would never do it to myself. I deserve so much more than an aloof, self-obsessed prick who wouldn't think twice before hurting me. Nope a person like him could never understand a person like me.

"Ad, You'll be fine. Chill." Musa said and patted my back.

I nodded. Finger's crossed.

********************

Vote and comment.

Love,

MJ