Chapter 12: Emotional

Y/N POV

After explaining everything to TK, they seemed to have calmed down.
"Wow... His behavior really has changed. But still be cautious, please?" TK asked.
"Of course I'm gonna be cautious, dude. I'm not stupid. I'm just shocked everything went well yesterday. But, I do have a request." I explained.
"And what is that request?" TK asked, chuckling.
"I wanna know what happened between you and 1104XX." I said.
TK stopped and kinda looked over at me. They took a sip from their coffee before turning their head away from me.
"It's nothing important. Plus, if you're happy working with him, I don't wanna ruin it." TK said.
"Oh come on TK. You said you wouldn't tell anyone unless they decided to become that psychos doctor and now look! Plus, maybe talking would help you get over that incident." I begged.
"Oh is that why you took the job? To find out what happened to me? Wow, you'd risk your life for a stupid ass incident that happened years ago." TK said, frowning.
"No! That is not at all why I took it. I took it to help 1104XX get better." I said.
"Well it doesn't matter. I'm not bringing up past shit. Now, I have a few more things I need to do before I leave. I advise you get to work as well." TK said, standing up and walking over to the door.
"TK I'm sorry I asked." I apologized.
"It's whatever." TK said.
I sighed and walked out of the room. Welp, time to get to work. I looked at the time. I was planning on meeting up with 1104XX twice today. Once in the morning, and once after I help all my other patients. I turned and headed towards the red zones. Once I got there, Cheif Henry opened the door.
"Just let me know if you need help or anything." He said.
"Of course." I said.
I entered 1104XX's room. He was currently sitting on his bed. He looked up and smiled joyfully at the sight of me. I smiled back.
"Hello 1104XX. How are you feeling today?" I asked.
"Ok." He said.
I walked over and sat down next to him.
"So normally I wouldn't be here this early, but I've decided I'll be coming and seeing you before and after I deal with my other patients. This'll only be for about the first month, then I'll go back to once a day. I just feel like it'll help you get comfortable and open up more. Does that sound ok?" I asked.
"Mhm." He muttered.
"Good. Also today we'll be doing something different. Instead of talking about medical stuff, how about you tell me a bit about yourself? If you'd like." I said.
He kinda seemed confused or shocked. I couldn't tell. But then he just nodded.
"Ok then! Let's get started." I said, smiling.

// Time Skip //

After about 45 minutes with 1104XX, I decided it was time to start working with my other patients. 1104XX wasn't thrilled. He begged for me to stay a little longer, but I really was behind already. I reassured him that I was coming back later and eventually he stopped begging. I was now in the yellow zones, headed to my next patient.
"Heya Y/N! How's it going?" Lucy asked, coming out from around a corner.
"Great. I'm a little behind, but it's all good." I said.
"Nice. You were just with 1104XX, right?" Lucy asked.
"Yes indeed." I said.
"Cool." Lucy said.
"Guess what. I had decided instead of doing normal medical stuff, to ask him more questions about himself and he honestly seemed a little more open today. Still not much talking though. A lot of nodding or shaking his head for response or small mumbling. Sadly, I can't really understand him." I explained.
"Oh. Does he need speech therapy?" Lucy asked.
"No. I just think he's gone so long without talking that he slightly forgot how to speak for long periods of time. Like conversation mostly. He does say short sentences, though." I said.
"Ah ok. But I better get to my next patient. And you, miss, need to start as well. I will see you at lunch. I definitely wanna know more about your experience with one of our most dangerous patients." Lucy said, smirking.
"Ok. Cya and I'll let ya know!" I said, walking off.
"Bye Y/N!" Lucy said, also walking off.
I chuckled to myself. Soon I arrived to my next patient. And honestly one of my most easiest ones.

Cheif Henry's POV

It had been about 35 minutes since Y/N left to go see her other patients. And 1104XX was not happy. I paced the hall in front of his door. He started out mostly upset and grumbling to himself. Now he was full on bawling his eyes out.
"My fucking gosh, when is he gonna shut up?" I complained to myself.
I looked at my watch. I still had 2 hours of my shift left. I sighed. I walked over to 1104XX's door and knocked on it.
"Hey will you keep it down in there!" I shouted.
Instead of him listening, he growled out a few profanities, which was new. But then he continued to sob while muttering Y/N's name.
"Fucking emotional bastard." I muttered under my breath.
"Now isn't it time you quit complaining?" A voice asked.
I glanced over my shoulder to see Doctor Ericsson approaching.
"Easy for you to stay. You don't have to listening to this psycho cry over his fucking doctor like the pathetic baby he is." I snarled.
"Oh now don't say that. Plus, you only have 2 more hours. Now, I have his meds and need to get in." Doctor Ericsson said, pulling out a bottle of pills.
I rolled my eyes and grabbed my keys. I opened the door and Doctor Ericsson walked in. 1104XX went silent before growling at Doctor Ericsson. And after about 10 or 15 minutes, I let Doctor Ericsson back out.
"You know how his medication works. He'll be out in a few minutes. So quit whining or I'll tell Professor Williams." Doctor Ericsson said, walking off.
"Oh yeah yeah. Jeez, tattle tail." I said.
"I'll see you later, Cheif Henry." Doctor Ericsson said.
"See ya later." I mumbled.

Y/N POV

It was now lunch time. I was making my way to my office to put all of my files away when I got a call. It was Professor Williams.
"Hello Professor. Is there something wrong?" I answered.
Don usaully doesn't contact anyone on his days off.
"Hello Y/N. Cheif Henry just called about 10 minutes ago. Apparently 1104XX is having some kind of mental breakdown. I had asked him if had had his medications, and apparently he has. He just won't calm down. I know lunch break is going to start, but would you be interested in going and checking on 1104XX?" Professor Williams explained.
"Oh of course. I'll be more than happy to check up on 1104XX." I said.
"Thank you, Y/N. Now I'll talk to you later. Tell Cheif Henry to let me know if there is anything wrong." Professor Williams said.
"Will do, sir." I said before he hung up. I quickly made my way to my office and quickly put my stuff away. I turned to exit my office, only to bump into Lucy.
"Hey girl. Ready to head to the cafeteria?" She said, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.
"Actually Lucy, I'm gonna be skipping lunch." I said, pulling away from her.
"Ah... How come?" She asked, pouting.
"1104XX is having a break down and I really need to check on him. I'm sorry." I said.
"Oh poor guy. You go do that, hun. I'll cya after." Lucy said.
"Yeah. And cya." I said, making my way to the red zones.

(I'm so sorry I haven't updated this book as much! I've been trying to come up with ideas and plot twists for it, and I've just had writers block in general. But here's a chapter for yall! I hope ya like it! And hopefully I can get another out soon!)

(1370 words)