Chapter 42: Taking Risks

Y/N POV

After I finished the paperwork, I headed out to the lobby, where TK and Lucy were sitting. They both looked up and smiled.
  "Finally." Lucy said, sarcastically.
I chuckled. I sit down next to them.
  "What now?" TK asked.
  "Well... I'm going back to day shifts next week... So yay." Lucy said.
  "Yay, as in you're actually excited, or yay as in you're disappointed that you don't get to work with us?" I asked.
  "The second answer." Lucy muttered.
  "Well rip." TK said.
  "I'm probably gonna go home and rest, guys. I've had a long 2 days... Well nights." I said.
  "No no it's fine. It's totally understandable." TK said.
  "Well I'll cya guys tomorrow then." Lucy said, standing up.
We stood up too.
  "Ok. Cya tomorrow." TK said.
  "Cya Lucy." I said.
She exited the building and I looked over at TK.
  "Want me to stay again?" TK asked.
  "I think I'll be ok." I said.
  "Ok. Let's get you home then." TK said, offering me their hand.
I nodded, taking their hand in mine as we exited the building and headed to the parking lot. Once I got home and TK said their goodbyes, I stood in my room, thoughts filling my head. Thoughts of getting 1104XX out of there. But... How? I need to get a plan made. I was gonna need help though. There was no way that I could just get him out. My mind went to Wesley. Maybe I could convince him. And take him with. He didn't deserve to be locked away like that. I grabbed my keys and purse and went out to my car getting in. I drove to the bank, knowing I would need to draw cash since I wouldn't be able to use my card and stuff. I pulled up to the bank and parked, running inside.
  "Hello, how may I assist you today ma'am?" The woman at the desk said as I approached.
  "Hey and I need to make a withdrawal from my savings." I said.
  "I need your card and ID ma'am." She said.
I pulled out both items and set it down for her. She looked it over and typed in a few things before handing them back.
  "What savings account would you like to choose from?" She asked.
  "My retirement one." I said.
  "And how much are you wanting to pull today?" She asked.
  "$5,500." I said.
  "Ok. And how would you like your cash?" She asked, typing in the amount.
  "Majority of it can be bigger bills and then a few can be smaller." I explained.
She nodded and got out the amount. After she finished counting it, she slid it over.
  "Would you like a receipt ma'am?" She asked.
  "No thanks." I said, putting the cash into my bag, along with my card and ID.
  "Alright, you're all set. Have a good day." She said.
  "Thank you. You as well." I said, turning to leave.
I exited the bank and made my way to the store. Peter and Wesley were going to need clothes, since it'd be weird seeing 2 people in public wearing a clinical stuff. I walked in and over to the men's section, pulling out a photo copied file of Peter and Wesley's heights. I grab for Wesley a black T-shirt, grey hoodie, and a pair of blue jeans. I then see a turquoise shirt with a black and white heart that immediately reminded me of the black and white heart stitched onto 1104XX's straight jacket. I grabbed it, but I noticed since it didn't have a hood I'd need something else as well. I look around for a moment before seeing a sleeveless hoodie and grabbed that, along with a black pair of jeans. I grabbed a thing of socks and boxers and then made my way over to the shoe section, grabbing just 2 pairs of black sneakers. I then made my way to the electronics section and purchased an old burner phone. I then went to checkout. The woman at the checkout gave me a funny look.
  "You breaking someone out of jail?" She muttered, slightly jokingly.
I gave a nervous laugh.
  "I mean, maybe." I said sarcastically.
She handed me my receipt with a chuckle.
  "Have a good rest of your day, hun." She said.
  "Thanks. You too." I said, turning to leave.
I loaded everything into the trunk and made my way home, leaving everything in there except the burner phone and cash, which I placed in my bag. I headed into my apartment and laid down on my bed. I decided tonight I'll talk to Wesley and Peter about this whole thing. I have a little less than a week to get this plan done. I don't know where I was gonna go though. Mexico? Canada? They both were nearly the same distance from where I was. I sighed knowing I'd be abandoning this life to start a new life. With a psycho and his soon to be child. Was this a good idea? Probably not. I sighed and decided to just sleep. I was exhausted after getting home and running around.

(864 words)