Chapter 27: The Dark Truth

Y/N POV

Once we got back, Ericsson was quite shocked from the gash in his head. He was surprised he didn't go unconscious from it.
  "What happened, patient 1104XX?" He asked, slightly dabbing the wound with hydrogen peroxide.
1104XX hissed in pain, pulling away.
  "Leave!" He snarled at Ericsson.
  "1104XX. You should tell him. For your safety." I said, softly.
Peter looked over at me and then back at him.
  "He hurt me! The bitch!" 1104XX shouted, looking towards the door at the end.
  "Ah, Chief Henry. No surprise there. He is quite the bitch boy, if I do say so myself." Doctor Ericsson said, a look of anger spreading across his face.
  "Wait, what do you mean not a surprise?" I asked.
  "Well, I suspected he had something to do with those bruises awhile back, when you had mentioned it. He always complains about patients, whether they are troublesome or not. He only stays for the money." Doctor Ericsson explained.
  "You need to tell the Professor. Please? I'm worried for 1104XX's safety. I feel that Henry is interfering with his mental stability." I said.
  "Oh I will be. Though with past patients... Nothings been done. If I was in charge I would have fired him years before you even got here." The Doctor said, sighing at the end.
  "Are you saying the Professor doesn't do jack shit to help the patients!? He's hurting them!" I shouted.
  "Calm down, Y/N. And yes. I do have to say I think the Professor is quite selfish himself. He knows he won't find anyone to replace Chief Henry right away, and not to be rude, but that also means if he did fire him, 1104XX would more than likely escape the facility." Doctor Ericsson said.
1104XX growled, looking down.
  "Ugh this is total bull shit." I said, slumping in my spot on the floor against the wall.
  "It is indeed. But I'll still notify him." Doctor Ericsson said.
I sighed, looking at Peter. Doctor Ericsson had just finished bandaging the wound.
  "Done and done." He said.
Peter huffed, getting up and walking towards his bed, sitting down and turning away from us.
  "Not even a thank you?" Doctor Ericsson asked.
  "Leave." He muttered.
I chuckled a little as Doctor Ericsson rolled his eyes.
  "I'll thank you." I said, standing up.
  "You're welcome. Have a good rest of your shift. I'm going to go find the Chief and have a little chit chat with him. Goodnight you 2." Doctor Ericsson said, exiting the room.
  "You doing good bud?" I asked.
  "Mhm." He mumbled, not looking towards me.
  "Hey what's wrong? Normally you're all over me when I visit." I said, walking over to him.
  "Y/N stay the night?" He asked.
  "Well... Only another 15 minutes. I gotta do some paperwork before I leave. But I'll be back tomorrow evening, remember?" I said.
  "We be quick?" He asked, looking over at me, a lustful look in his eyes.
  "Whoa. No no no no, 1104XX. I can't. The cameras are up." I said, lowering my voice a ton.
He frowned, looking over at the cameras.
  "I take them down." He whispered, turning to face me completely.
  "No. You can't just do that. Cameras are not cheap. Plus, you're gonna get in trouble again." I said.
  "But... I miss you." He whimpered.
I turned bright red. Oh for fuck sake.
  "No. I'm sorry. You can... Take care of that when I'm gone." I whispered.
  "Isn't the same." He whined.
  "If you're gonna sit and complain, I want to leave to do paperwork. You know the rules, 1104XX." I said, crossing my arms.
He let out a growl, looking down.
  "Sorry darling." He said.
  "It's ok. Now, let's just talk. I don't have anything to go over, that will take under 15 minutes." I said.
  "Ok." He said.

// Time Skip //

Doctor Ericsson's POV

The next morning, I headed to Professor Williams office. I knocked on the door.
  "Yes?" Professor Williams said from inside.
I entered the room, closing the door behind me.
  "You need to put Chief Henry in his place. I'm sick of him hurting 1104XX. And we both know damn well it's him. You just refuse to do shit because your scared of losing the only Chief that'll stay around." I said, frowning.
  "And you know damn well if it wasn't for Henry, 1104XX would have escaped by now. The Chief keeps him in his place." The Professor said.
  "He's been doing fine! You having Henry hurt him isn't ever going to help him get better! Isn't that what we're supposed to do in this fucking facility!" I yelled.
  "You really think 1104XX will ever be able to go out into the real world again?" Professor Williams asked.
  "Yes! Y/N proves it!" I yelled.
  "I don't have time for this, we have more important patients to take care of. And will be more successful here. The red zones patient's will be fine staying here. Especially 1104XX." Professor Williams said.
  "You're sick and twisted just like them! I don't know why I stay here! No... I don't know why I don't go to the FBI! If they knew how you treated your red zones patient's, you'd be put out of buisness and put in fucking jail!" I shouted.
  "Leave, Doctor." He said.
I growled in frustration. I hated this side of him.
  "This is why your wife left you! And why your kid hates you! I'd be ashamed if I had you as a father. Your family made a good choice to disown you." I said.
  "Doctor Ericsson that is enough!" He yelled.
  "Fine. But when Y/N catches onto you. It's not my fault." I said, turning to leave the room.
I slammed the door behind me, storming off. What a fucking prick.

(973 words)