Chapter 30: Bravery

Y/N POV

We walked down to the clinic. Wesley seemed more excited than I expected. He was in front of us, looking around, but still clutching onto the drawing as if his life depended on it. Though if another nurse or security guard happened to pass, he'd hurry back over to me and the others, nearly seeming to hide behind us. I chuckled.
  "So, what's with the paper?" Doctor Ericsson asked.
  "I drew a crystal and told Wesley he'd be protected by it. That's why he seems more excited you could say." I explained.
  "Good idea Y/N." Ericsson said, smiling.
  "Maybe you could draw a crystal for 1104XX to help calm his nerves." Ben said.
  "I think he'd be too smart to fall for that. Not saying Wesley isn't smart. He just relies on his drawings a lot. 1104XX relies on me." I said.
  "She has a point, Benjamin." Doctor Ericsson said.
  "Maybe you could give him something of yours? Maybe he'd be more content and calm then when you're gone." Benjamin said.
To be honest, that wasn't a bad idea at all.
  "That's actually a good idea. I may look into that after this." I said.
  "Make sure it isn't something he could wreck though. Especially if it's something you really like or need." Doctor Ericsson said.
  "I highly doubt he'd ruin anything of mine. But I'm not gonna give him something of extreme value to me." I said.
  "Ok." Doctor Ericsson said.
Soon we made it to the clinic. And Wesley's check up went way faster than 1104XX's did. But he also did behave and wasn't terrified of needles. Soon we were headed back. Doctor Ericsson had to bring the blood that was drawn to the labs though.
  "Would you care if I ran and got Wesley more art supplies once we get back? He's low and I promised him I would." I asked Ben.
  "Sure thing. Though I'd hurry. I'm sure 1104XX is losing his shit right now." Ben said.
  "And I bet he's gonna be cranky when I get to him." I chuckled.
  "Him? Mad? No!" Ben said, laughing.
We both laughed.
  "Love the sarcasm." I said.
  "Why thank you. I would say I'm a very sarcastic person." Ben said, smirking.
  "Then I guess I shouldn't ever take you seriously." I said.
  "Now that's not a good idea. I'm sarcastic when I choose to be." Ben said.
  "I'm kidding dork." I said.
Soon we made it back to Wesley's room. He immediately ran into his room and over to one of his many folders, stuffing the paper I had given him inside it.
  "Hey Wesley, I'm gonna run and get you more art supplies. Is that alright?" I asked.
  "Ok!" He said gleefully, turning to face me with a smile.
  "Ok. I'll be back shortly." I said.
I then exited the room to head to a nearby storage room.
  "Hey, where is the nearest storage room?" I asked Ben.
  "There's one about 5 doors past 1104XX's room. It should have bedding, paper, pencils and crayons, and just your normal storage stuff." Ben explained.
I nodded.
  "Thanks. I'll be back in about 10 minutes." I said.
  "Ok Y/N. I'll just be here. As usaul." Ben said, laughing.
I gave him a thumbs up and made my way to the storage room. As I passed 1104XX's room, I began to think of something I could give to him to potentially help calm him down when I was gone. The only thing that I wouldn't mind him borrowing was my coat, since he knew it was mine. But... Do I really wanna sacrifice it? I do have a spare at home, so maybe. Eventually I found the storage room and walked inside, grabbing some paper, pencils/crayons, and another thing of erasers. I then made my way back to 12054X's room.
  "Well that was quick." Ben said as I approached the door.
  "You said to be quick. And plus, it wasn't to hard to find the room." I said, walking past him.
  "I was kidding ya know." He said.
I chuckled.
  "Oh ok." I said, sarcastically.
I then walked back into the room. Wesley looked up, a smile on his face.
  "I got your new supplies." I said, sitting down next to him and handing him the supplies.
  "Th-thank you." He said, looking over it.
  "I would stay with you and draw, but I have another patient to get to. I hope you're not upset." I said, standing up from my spot on the ground.
  "It's f-fine." He said, grabbing a pencil and starting to draw.
  "Ok. I'll cya tomorrow. Have fun with your new supplies." I said.
  "I-I will." He said.
I then exited the room.
  "Well, time to go deal with you know who." I said.
  "Good luck." Benjamin said.
I rolled my eyes playfully and headed towards 1104XX's room.

(821 words)