Chapter 41: Not Again...

Professor Williams POV

After I had made it there, and so had Y/N, I had retrieved the broken camera as Y/N looked over 1104XX to make sure he hadn't injured himself. I stood outside the room with Benjamin, Ren, and Stanley.
  "How the hell did he manage to rip the whole damn thing out?" Stanley asked.
  "I mean, how the hell does he escape a room like that." Benjamin said with a shrug.
  "I guess we'll be looking into purchasing another camera. Stanley, go down to the security room and talk to them about placing an order for another one." I said.
  "Right away, sir." Stanley said, turning to leave.
  "Ren, I want you to remove that table in there. I guess he loses privileges for that." I said, sighing at the end.
  "Of course." Ren said.
She walked over to the door and entered the room.
  "And you, Benjamin, just stay on duty until Ren is back. I'll take care of this mess." I said, holding up the broken camera and bag of glass from it.
Benjamin nodded and I turned to leave.

Y/N POV

The door opened and in walked the new girl.
  "Hey, so the Professor told me to escort that table out." She said, giving a small chuckle.
I laughed a little as well.
  "I'm Y/N. I don't think we've met before." I said, holding out a hand.
She shook my hand and 1104XX growled as she did.
  "I'm Ren. Alyssa's replacement. Since she... Ya know." Ren explained.
  "Oh ok. And yeah, I got it." I said.
There was an awkward silence.
  "Well I'll be grabbing that. Is he ok?" Ren asked, walking over to the table.
  "Yeah. No injuries. He's just fine." I said.
  "Good. He wouldn't let me look, so I was hoping everything was ok." Ren said.
  "He's stubborn." I said with a chuckle.
Ren chuckled too, grabbing the table and folding it up.
  "So how long have you been working here, Ren?" I asked.
  "Started about a week ago. I had originally worked at a different hospital though. But I transferred here since they didn't need me anymore." Ren explained.
  "Ah ok." I said.
  "Well I'll be off. Cya later you 2." Ren said before turning to leave.
  "Cya Ren. It was nice meeting you." I said.
  "Cya." She said, exiting the room.
The door closed and I looked over at 1104XX.
  "Why did you do this?" I asked.
  "Must escape to help you." He said.
  "As sweet as that sounds, I told you to wait and we could figure these things out." I said, folding my arms.
  "But... I don't wanna wait." He mumbled.
I sighed.
  "Just... Let me figure this out. Ok?" I said.
1104XX wrapped his arms around me in a hug. I hugged him back.
  "You're too impatient sir." I said.
He chuckled before pulling away to look at me. He smiled softly.
  "I love you... Y/N." He said.
  "I love you too, ya dork." I said, chuckling.
I leaned in and kissed him on the cheek, his face instantly going red.
  "Now, I gotta go finish up a few things and then leave. We'll talk more tomorrow." I explained, standing up.
  "Ok." He said.
  "Do not try anything when I'm gone. Promise me that." I said, walking to the door.
He gave me a smirk.
  "Peter..." I muttered.
  "On one condition." He said.
I raised a brow.
  "Go on." I said.
  "One more kiss?" He asked.
I rolled my eyes jokingly and walked back over to him, kneeling down. He leaned in and kissed me, and I couldn't help but chuckle at his eagerness. After a moment I pulled away and stood back up.
  "I'll cya tomorrow." I said.
  "Cya." He said.
I then exited the room.
  "Well this is fun." Ben said.
  "Exactly what I needed after everything that's happened." I sighed.
  "I'm sure things are gonna get better, Y/N. Look on the bright side. Someone didn't die." Benjamin joked.
I chuckled.
  "I guess you have a point. But I'm headed back to my office. Cya tomorrow, Ben." I said.
  "Cya Y/N." Benjamin said.
I walked down the halls, exhausted and ready to go home.
  "Hey Y/N." A voice said.
I looked up and saw Lucy.
  "Oh hey. What's up? Didn't your shift end 2 hours ago?" I asked.
  "Well... I wanted to apologize to you for what I've done. I... I didn't think it through and now I feel like a total bitch." Lucy said.
  "It's ok. Just... Don't do it again." I said.
  "Ok. But yeah, my shift did end. I was hanging out with TK and doing paperwork while I waited for you." Lucy explained.
  "Ah ok. Well I got a few papers to go over and then I'm off shift. Meet me in the lobby?" I asked.
  "Got it." Lucy said.
Lucy turned to head down to the lobby and I continued to make my way to my office.

(837 words)