The War Outside

The MTF split into groups of three. A group went to recontain SCP-173 who was lurking nearby, another went to restore the power for the defense systems and long-range communications on the upper levels. The last group with the leader began to escort Dr.White out who was more than happy to leave this place.

The MTF operatives swiftly navigated through the facility. They arrived at the first checkpoint where they entered heavy containment, but suddenly someone shot at them. The MTF returned fire and successfully killed a Class D armed with an MP5 submachine gun. 

Dr.White picked up the weapon from the dead Class D. The MTF Leader didn't like what Dr.White was doing.

MTF Leader: Do you even know how to use that thing?

Dr.White searched for another magazine on the Class D and did a flawless MP5 reload to the MTF leader's surprise.

MTF Leader: Hmm, maybe you are not as stupid as I thought. Well, you can keep it for now. It won't hurt to have an extra gun on the team until we get to the surface.

Dr.White: That was just mean. Come on man, I'm not that bad...

The MTF leader just shrugged and requested a situation report from his teammates.

MTF Leader: This is Fox leader. Requesting sitrep. Over.

Radio: It's Fox two, SCP-173 has been successfully contained. On the way to the rendezvous point.

MTF Leader: This is Fox leader. Solid copy Fox two. Fox three, requesting sitrep. Over.

Radio: Fox three here. Restoring the power will take longer than expected due to contact with hostile units. Requesting backup. Over.

MTF Leader: Copy that, Fox two and Fox leader are moving to provide backup over.

Dr.White: Are you just going to leave me here?

MTF Leader: You can handle yourself right? Now you can prove it wasn't a mistake to let you take that gun.

Dr.White: But what if...

MTF Leader: No. The entrance zone is just ahead. Or you rather come with us and fight tangos down in the basement?

Dr.White: Ehhh, no thanks. Guess I have no other choice.

Dr.White switched his weapon's fire mode from safe to single and stepped into the elevator to the entrance zone. The elevator started to move up and stopped at the surface. 

He stepped out of the elevator but instantly got shot at by more Class D personnel who were trying to get through the last gate.

"Huh, three versus one. MP5 don't let me down now."

Dr.White took cover behind some metal lockers and desks and began firing back at the attackers. One of the Class D began advancing on White who took the matter into his own hands. He swiftly reloaded and switched his weapon to automatic then fired a burst of 15 rounds into the Class D who died instantly. The second one threw a flashbang at White who managed to shoot it into pieces before it exploded at the cost of 7 rounds.

"8 rounds remain..."

Dr.White heard the third Class D run toward him with a shotgun. The man shot at him, but the metal locker protected White from the birdshot. White crawled under a wooden table and fired 3 times through the side of the table. He heard the third Class D drop in the distance.

"5 rounds will be enough"

White peeked out of his cover but met with suppressing fire from an M249 machinegun.