The Way Home?

When M4 woke up in her room, she heard noises from outside. She picked up her rifle, walked to the door, and peeked outside. MTF members, security guards, and even heavily armed scientists were running up and down the hallway.

"Is a containment breach going on? Anyway, this is not normal. I need to wake up the others."

M4: Hey! Everyone, wake up! Something is going on outside!

SOP: Ahh, can I sleep just a little moreeee...?

M4 shakes SOP awake and drags her to the door.

SOP looks around in disbelief. How could they not include her in something fun like this?

SOP: Sisters! Get up! She's right!

The group quickly dressed, armed themselves, then left their room. On their way to find Dr.White or Erik, they decided to ask a guard who was standing at his post. He was one of the few who were standing still and not running around like poisoned mice.

M4: Excuse me, do you know what's happening?

Guard: Dr.White gave out an order to arm some squads and launch an assault at a hostile base to recover a very important SCP. The attack will begin today at 0900 hours.

M4: 9 a.m.!? M16, what's the time!?

M16: 8:37.

M4: We must find James quickly!

Site-██, Armory, Local time: 8:41

Dr.White: Erik, rifle, catch!

Dr.White threw the loaded rifle to Erik who caught it while he was putting on his body armor in quite a hurry. 

Erik: James! Don't forget your radio!

Dr.White: Oh! Thanks for the reminder.

The two decided to lead the fight from the frontline. This was not the wisest decision as they could get killed, but they needed to quickly relay the commands to their troops. 

The cube was the only way for them to get home, so naturally Dr.White grabbed the first occasion to seize it back.

Dr.White: Rifle? Check. Armor? Check. Rations? Check. Okay, we are good to go. See you outside.

Erik: See you there, then. I'll check the units that stay here and be right back in a second.

Site-██, Assembly Area, Local time: 8:54

The 39 men knew they would take losses. The cube's location was in the middle of a large Sangvis Ferri base and they could face a foe of hundreds or even thousands.  Dr.White and Erik agreed on a hit-and-run style attack where they just get the cube back and leave the base immediately.

Dr.White: This is White. All units, how copy?

First, the two Bradley IFV commanders got in contact with him.

Team Badger: Badger here, ready to roll.

Team Heavy: Team Heavy, our Bradley can't wait for the battle!