4

"You skate?"

There was a shelf in the living area of Miyazō's apartment and on were the several trophies and medals she'd won at competitions. It was a sacred place to her, expensive wood, embellished at the sides with gold and in it was a testimony to her skill as a figure skater.

And Gojo Satōru, the jujutsu sorcerer who was tasked with mentoring and looking after her for the time being, was busy poking around and touhing her trophies and medals without care.

"Could you step away from the glass?" Miyazō scolded as she tried to pull him away by the collar of his black coat.

Her fingers never made contact with the cloth.

Brows furrowed, she tried pushing harder against the invisible barrier that kept her from touching him. Gojo only laughed at the woman's struggle.

"It's called my infinity." He said, stepping away from Miyazō's display of awards and turning to face her.

"Infinity?" She pulled her hand away, examining her fingertips, "You mentioned that earlier. What is it?"

"Ah, a wonderful memory you have." He stuffed his hands in his pocket and strolled round her living room then sat languidly on her sofa, stretching his long limbs so he almost took up the entirety of that piece of furniture. "And a lovely home, too."

He studied her, head tilting so it gave the impression of his gaze travelling over her entire frame. It wasn't seductive, it was calculated, "Does figure skating pay this well or are you just a trust fund baby?"

Her cheeks heated up, "Excuse me?"

"You're a kid with ice skates," He crossed his legs, leaned forward and gave her a condescending smirk, "This place is quite lavish for you to afford on your own."

Frankly, it was. Miyazō lived in a spacious, three bedroom apartment in a high-end building in a better part of the city. It was a place that could break the wallets of many.

"You're a condescending fuck."

"But am I a liar?" The white haired man laughed.

She shot him a glare and stepped closer to her shelf of awards, gliding her fingers over the several trophies and medals showcasing her successes, "I'm 23 years old. I started skating when I was 4. I competed in my first Olympics when I was 15. I won gold that year in the single's event and silver the team event. I competed in the next one when I was 19, I won gold in both the team and single's event.

"In all my years as a professional figure skater, I have competed in over 70 competitions and I have taken gold in a vast majority of them. I have made more than eight hundred thousand dollars, Gojo, on competitions alone. This is without counting sponsorship deals or advertising deals or anything of the sort. I don't even have a trust fund."

He looked up at her with a pleasant sort of shock, "Talent and beauty, I'm quite impressed."

She rolled her eyes, "You were going to tell me about your infinity."

  "Ah, right." He leaned back, stretching himself over the couch, "My Infinity is most times known as the ability to stop, although this is a common misconception as the true power of my Infinity is to slow things down."

"So you're saying that someone with maybe,
Godspeed or something may eventually touch you?" She asked as she took a seat on a chair opposite him.

"Not quite. Let's look at it this way. Do you know the story of Archilles and the tortoise?"

She nodded slowly.

"The Infinity is an unlimited amount of limited space between you and me. The way Archilles will arrive at a point the tortoise has been, and thus, will have to run again to catch up to it. Several times, unlimited number of times, never actually catching up to the tortoise.

"Be as fast as you want, you will never close the gap between yourself and me."

She stayed quiet for a moment, staring intently at Gojo's blindfolded eyes, "You have taken that as a belief," she turned away and whispered softly, "to fuel your disgusting god complex."

Gojo smirked, "You call it a complex, but I am just stating facts."

"So you're going to be living with me?" Miyazō asked, ignoring Gojo's last comment.

She would gain nothing from bantering with him and she suspected that it would amuse him rather than annoy.

"I would have preferred you living in my home, but I decided it'd be better if you were in a place where you'd feel comfortable." He said, walking towards her kitchen. "You will have to limit the number of times you have friends over."

"The competition season has just finished, I won't be having many people over."

"Good," He turned back to smile at her, "I'm going to be your closest friend now, Seijin. Treat me well."

She narrowed her eyes at him.

"Now, on to your first assignment." He walked over to one of the large bags he'd come with and opened it up.

Miyazō watched Gojo as he brought out a stuffed toy, suspicion taking over. He set the toy on the couch and then proceeded to take out a bunch of DVDs.

"You're going to practice controlling your cursed energy."

She raised a brow.

"You're only able to release your familiar when overtaken by strong emotion. That can cause her to come out also on unfavourable situations." He explained as he proceeded to insert a DVD into the DVD player.

The television came up and a rather provocative scene came on.

Miyazō crossed her arms, "You expect me to learn to control my cursed energy by hugging a teddy and watching porn?"

Gojo chuckled softly, "The bear requires a steady stream of cursed energy to remain docile. Any deviation unleashes aggression."

Gojo placed a hand on the bear, stayed that way for a moment, then took his hand away. The stuffed animal rose and began to rampage.

Miyazō flinched away as the creature lunged for her. Gojo grabbed it in mid-air and the Teddy calmed down.

He motioned for Miyazō to sit down, and after she did, gave her the Teddy.

"I don't want it," She protested.

"Let's not go into what we want now, Seijin. Trust me, you not ready for mine." He smirked and thrust the stuffed animal into her arms.

The creature came alive and again began an attack.

"Supply cursed energy to it!"

Miyazō breathed out and allowed a sort of stream to flow out of her and into the stuffed animal. Her eyes widened as the creature became calm. The feeling in her stomach was like flowing water, travelling to her hands and into the stuffed animal.

It was almost calming.

"Now watch some television, Seijin. Let me go meet my students."