10

Gojo awoke just a bit later than he normally would have that day. It had been a week since Miyazo's first exorcism and he'd taken her on two more. It was definitely a lot but he wanted her to get used to it. He didn't need her emptying her guts every time she saw an ugly cursed spirit and he wanted to make sure she could handle a full exorcism by herself.

He wasn't disappointed though. Her second exorcism was without Itadori, Nobara and Megumi, and on the most recent one, he waited outside the veil he'd set up. She completed it without much of a hassle. She always did. That familiar of hers was far more powerful than he'd originally believed. Miyazo didn't have to put in much effort, the dark haired woman just stood a few feet away while the angel butchered whatever cursed spirit they were up against.

And then they got back home pretty late because the site was so far away. So Gojo decided to sleep in a bit, feeling good with himself because Seijin seemed so capable. He woke up feeling refreshed and comfortable, spending the next ten minutes getting himself together and stretching his muscles.

He finally stood up from the bed and walked over to the kitchen. He knew the time would soon come for him to stop staying at her home seeing as she was able to take care of herself, but deep down he didn't really want that. As he walked towards the kitchen and felt Miyazo's cursed energy around the house, he realised he'd grown to find it comfortable.

He didn't want to go back to living all by himself with nobody near for him to find comfort in. It was when he was with her that he realised he was just a bit lonely, and not just in his home. The amount of raw cursed energy she exuded was just insane. It wasn't as wild and far-reaching as his was. Gojo's own was vast enough to shift the balance of the world as soon as he was born, but Miyazo's own was more subtle.

You only noticed it when you came around her, and once you did, you realised just how crazy it was.  It wasn't something that drew cursed spirits in per se, but one that once they felt it, they wanted more. And even if she moved farther away, because they'd tasted it once, they could feel it all around them and realised just how far it stretched. They no longer wanted to let go.

She was an enigma, just like he was, something different and just a bit above the other jujutsu sorcerers. She was the only other person he'd met who was just a bit like him, not just in strength (because that was Geto), but also as strange and displaced.

He heard her voice in the kitchen and he'd silently hoped she had made some food so he could eat out of it. He knew she woke up early most days and didn't like the bore of her room. The competition season made her like that; when she'd awake before the sun and begin training. It was tough for her body to adjust from that.

Gojo walked silently into the kitchen, catching Miyazo on the phone as she spoke to someone. From the bits of the conversation he'd heard, he assumed she was talking to someone that was like a manager to her. He didn't want to interrupt, so he just moved to the kitchen isle and after seeing she hadn't prepared any food, began sifting through her cupboards for some cereal.

He took a mental note about grocery shopping but hastily shook the thought away. He really shouldn't get so comfortable in her house.

"What day next week?" Miyazo asked, leaning on the counter as she spoke to her manager. She noticed Gojo in her peripheral as he searched through her cupboards and she rolled her eyes at him. "I need an exact day in case I won't be available."

She moved away and walked over to her fridge, opening it up and taking out a bottle of water. Gojo watched her from his seat in the kitchen as he was pouring milk into a bowl of cereal. He'd realised early on that he liked the way she moved; there was such grace and power as she moved, working in tandem, one characteristic never outshining the other. She stopped briefly to press her lips to the top of the bottle and lean her head back to take gulps from the water.

The white haired male swallowed as he watched her throat.

She's actually beautiful.

And when she'd finished drinking, closing the cap of the bottle, and turned in his direction, magenta eyes meeting his own covered ones, Gojo resisted the urge to lick his lips. She couldn't tell he was looking at her, and if he wet his lips, dried from how he felt when he watched her, she'd know that his attention had always been on her.

"Next Friday," she said, eyes still trained on Gojo's. He realised she must have been checking some sort of schedule with him.

'Is Friday free?' She mouthed to him. Her lips were still wet from the water and it held his gaze. He nodded at her. 

She turned her attention away, "Friday works. Send the details of the shoot to my email. Yeah. Thank you."

Gojo turned his head down to his cereal. It be weird if he was still facing her direction. 

"Photoshoot?" He asked softly.

"Yeah." Miyazo said as she moved to take a pack of instant ramen noodles. She knew she should probably eat a bit healthier in preparation for the shoot but she pushed that thought to the back of her head. She wanted noodles. She would have noodles.

"Can I come?" A smile stretched Gojo's lips. He wanted a peek into her world.

"Would you stay away if I said no?" She eyed him.

He laughed, "You could never keep me away, Miyazo."

Her chest tightened just a bit.

"You can come, I guess. As long as you don't cause any disturbance."

His smile widened even further. "I'll be on my best behaviour."