8

The walls of the building were all covered with some thick, grey, slimy substance. It was disgusting, like mucus, oozing down the walls and pillars slowly, with an irritating sound accompanying the movements. The substance dripped down the windows and doors, rendering some rooms almost pitch black. Few strips of light managed to escape into some others.

Miyazō walked cautiously around the thick slime, basically tiptoeing with Gojo right behind her. He allowed a smile stretch his lips as he watched her form move through the dim hallway, his hands in his pockets as he languidly moved through the goo, his infinity not allowing the substance make contact with his body.

"How are your senses, Miyazo?" Megumi asked, looking around as they all trudged through the quiet hallway, "Is the cursed energy getting stronger?"

She nodded, "It's pouring out from that door." She pointed her finger in the direction of a door at the far right from where they were. It seemed normal enough, a single wooden door. But the cursed energy was flooding out of there, pooling out like thick waves. It was so potent she almost thought she could see it.

"It's crazy how you can even tell where it's coming from. The cursed energy feels dull and it's just everywhere." Megumi murmured.

Itadori frowned, "Yeah, it's making me feel tired and lazy."

Miyazō had a feeling it was the goo dripping from the walls that was dulling their senses. But she had no idea why she was more or less immune to its effects. She wanted to turn her head to look back at Gojo, but resisted the urge to do so. Instead, she pushed forward, forcing down the bile rising in your throat.

"You're always lazy and dull," Nobara scoffed, pushing past the pink haired boy in the direction of the door Miyazō had pointed at earlier, "I'm going to exorcise this curse and get as far away from this place as possible."

"No way, I'll exorcise it first!" Itadori pushed forward in an attempt to get to the door first.

"Now, now, you guys," Gojo called them back, walking ahead to meet up with them, "Have you forgotten that this was intended to be Miyazo's first exorcism."

"But she got that curse in the gallery!" Itadori yelled back as he and Nobara paused halfway down the hallway.

"Her first conscious exorcism." 

She gulped at his words and reached forward to grab his hand and she frowned as her fingers were once again met with that barrier of space just before him. But nevertheless, he turned back to look at her, "Don't you think that this curse may be a bit above me? I mean, it feels-"

He laughed, cutting her off, "Have more faith in yourself. With that angel you have, this thing should be a walkover for you." He stepped closer to her, "And even if it isn't, I'm always here. So at least have faith in me."

He placed his hand on the small of Miyazō's back, guiding her towards the room she had shown them. Of course her attention was directed towards his hand at her back and not at the cursed spirit they were about to face, as it should have been. She wanted to ask him why he would turn off his infinity at a time like that, or why he would hold hrr5 that way in front of his students.

But she assumed she was putting too much thought into something he didn't consider half as serious. So she kept quiet and allowed him lead her slowly to the source of the overflowing cursed energy she was feeling. She made Hanenoken ready on standby as the five of them got to the door.

From that position, Miyazō could feel the full intensity of the cursed energy. And she could notice how it was attracting the thing inside Itadori, practically calling out to the pink haired boy. He didn't seem to notice, and it made her wary. The fact that none of them seemed to notice the sheer amount of cursed energy spilling from within the door.

"Are you ready?" Gojo whispered to her.

She swallowed, "Even if I said no, you'd still make me do it."

He laughed, "That's true."

But Itadori patted her back gently, "Everything's gonna be fine."

She smiled at him, right before Gojo urged her forward, telling her to push open the door. She tried to resist against him, but the white-haired male just laughed at that, pushing her towards the door. She turned around and glared at him. The white haired male only laughed and moved to stand directly behind her.

She tentatively touched the handle of the doorknob before gripping it and turning it. As she pushed the door open just a few inches, the grey goo began pooling out of the crack. She stumbled backwards into Gojo's chest, and as he steadied her with his hands on your shoulders, she heard Nobara retching behind you.

"Calm down, Seijin," Gojo said.

Miyazō swallowed and pushed the door further open, allowing everyone to see clearly, the cursed spirit in the room.

It was disgusting, completely explaining the goo. The icky substance was the cursed spirit. It was a large glob of grey mucus, stuck to the wall at the far ends and it was beating, like a heart, goo expanding and pouring from it with every pump.

Goosebumps erupted on her body as she stepped back in horror. It covered the entire expanse of the wall, with a humanoid face of large drooping eyes and something she didn't expect to be a mouth. But as the eyes moved to sight her and the others, the line at the middle of the thing opened and the creature began to wail.

Air pockets began sprouting on its flesh and popping simultaneously, now throwing the mucus around. And as one of the drops of goo landed on her chin, Miyazō bent over and threw up.