12

Miyazō didn't make mention of her talk with Yaga as she got back to Gojo's classroom

Miyazō didn't make mention of her talk with Yaga as she got back to Gojo's classroom. She silently walked in, her annoyance clear from the slight frown tugging at her lips.

Gojo looked at her, certain that Yaga had spoilt her mood some way. He wasn't even surprised. Why else would he have called specifically for her, alone? There was no way it could be for some praise or appreciation. 

But he wasn't so stupid as to straight out ask her about it right infront of Itadori, Megumi and Nobara. So he greeted her once, as she passed him, not even commenting when she didn't reply, and speaking over Itadori when the boy tried asking her about her mood change.

Miyazō quietly made her way to the front corner of the room, opposite the door and didn't speak much for the rest of day. Not even when the kids went to the grounds for training and Gojo sat right next to her on the low wooden steps.

He was still wearing his blindfold, and his head was turned forward in the direction of his students. But even Miyazō could tell that most of his attention was on her. She kept her lips pursed and her gaze cast downwards, hands loosely gripping her knees.

"What'd he say?" Gojo asked.

Miyazō frowned. "You're all stupid. All of you here."

Gojo let out a soft chuckle, "I'll have you know I'm incredibly smart."

"I'm not in the mood for you, Gojo." She rolled her eyes.

There was silence for a few more moments before she spoke up again. "Am I the first... like... sorcerer that didn't know about any of this? Like... like a stray, you know? Picked up in adulthood."

Gojo shook his head, nudging his chin in Itadori's direction, "Yuji found out about all this just some months ago. Ate a finger."

She looked up at the pink haired boy as fought with Megumi. "He left his high school for this, huh? Left his parents and everything?"

Gojo stretched out his arms, planting them just behind him on the floor, and leaning back. "Well, he didn't have much to leave behind. Parents died when he was young, lived with his grandfather. And even he died a while ago."

Miyazō' felt a tiny spark of pity as she looked at Itadori now. She took notice of how wide his smile was, almost impressed at how he happy he could be coming from such a depressing situation.

"Then there's Yuta. He also didn't have much. Frankly, you're the only stray that actually has a life outside this." Gojo went on to say, his legs spread before him.

"That's why Yaga thinks I can drop everything for this shit. Cause everyone else did." She grumbled in annoyance.

"What did he say?" Gojo asked again.

"First he wants me to go complete an exorcism on my own in a few days," Gojo's frown deepened at that. "And I explained to him I have something on Friday, and he goes on this- this power-trip, telling me I have to give up my life. And some poetic shit about death knocking."

"Most sorcerers can make a choice..." Gojo said to her. "...between this and a normal life."

Miyazō turned her head to look at him, her brows furrowed. "Seriously?"

He nodded. "Nanami- you don't know him- he took a regular corporate job after he graduated, but then chose to come back."

Miyazō groaned. "Yaga made it seem like I had no choice."

Gojo shrugged. "Probably cause he deems you as dangerous right now, or something like that. And cause you're still learning. But I'm sure things will calm down after a while." He faces her. "And if they don't, I'll calm them down for you."

She rolls her eyes at him with, a soft chuckle leaving her lips. "You think you're the shit, huh?"

He smiled slowly at that, the corners of his lips lifting to show off his pearly whites. "I am, though."

She shook her head at him, that small smile still on her face. "I still gotta do this exorcism, right? It's in two days, in the Hyogo prefecture."

"Hmm," Gojo hummed in affirmation. "Want me to come with?" He asked.

"Pretty sure I'm to do it without you."

"I wouldn't exactly go with you," he shrugged. "I'd just be... walking around the block."

She laughed.

"What grade is the curse anyway?" He asked her.

"Semi-grade 1."

Gojo nodded again. "That's good. They're taking it easy on you."

She raised a brow at his words. "It's so you to say semi-grade 1 is easy. We're not all anomalies, Gojo."

Miyazō had a pretty good idea of how the grading worked with curses and sorcerers, even though she didn't exactly know her own grade yet. She'd never gone round to asking about it.

She knew Gojo was a special grade, knew that there were only 4 at that point. And she knew it wasn't something one could aspire to reach, it was reserved for 'anomalies', sorcerers who were to powerful to be put in a regular grade.

Gojo laughed haughtily at what she said. "But it is easy, for you especially. You're classified as special grade, you know."

She furrowed her brows at his words. "Seriously?"

"Obviously. I mean, at first you were semi-grade 1. Cause of the stunt at the art gallery." He began, his focus on his students now as Nobara started yelling at Itadori. "But then, after the mission at the school, with the slime monster... Hanenoken's potential is currently unknown."

"That thing she did behind the door, we don't know what it was. And paired with you having such crazy amounts of cursed energy as to let her do that easily... yeah, your situation calls for special grade."

She kept silent at his words. It wasn't exactly like she aspired to be special grade, it wasn't some crazy accomplishment to her.

"You should be proud, Seijin." Gojo grinned, giving her an enthusiastic thumbs up. "You're the jujutsu world's fifth special grade sorcerer. That's like, history!"

She tried pushing at him, not even surprised when her palm hit his infinity. "Shut up, Gojo. Doesn't change the fact that this is an inconvenience."

He chuckled. "You'll be done in an hour max. Whip your angel and get it over with. What are you sad about?"

She groaned. "I have a shoot, Gojo. I don't want to scar or anything. I just don't wanna get injured before Friday."

"Ah, I see." Gojo said. "You can cover any scar with makeup, can't you? And the photoshoot guys can edit out your injuries or blemishes. No one will see it."

"The people at the set will." She grumbled. "And my coach will be there, and if he sees it, he'll be a pain in my ass."

"Think of it this way, it could be exercise to slim down for the shoot!" Gojo grinned.

Miyazō whipped her head in his direction, a nasty glare on her face. "You calling me fat?!"

"Your butt has been looking bigger."

"You pervert!" Miyazō screamed at him, palms hitting against his infinity as she tried and tried to slam her palms against his head. "I swear I'm gonna get you when you're asleep, you idiot!"