7. Camping

Y/N : 5 y/o

  'Eomma where are we going ?' Y/N asked, for the seventh time since they got on the minivan that Jeongyeon rented.

  'I told you, it's a surprise, just be patient ok ?' Nayeon smiled, holding her daughter's hand. 'You can take a small nap first, it's quite far from here.'

  And so the girl decided to give up on asking the same question over and over again, and went to sleep.

an hour later

  'Wakey wakeyyy.' Nayeon cooed, as Y/N sat up slowly, rubbings her eyes. 'We've arrived.'

  The girl looked out the car, and all she could see was trees and, well, nothing but trees.

  'Eomma, where's this ? Why are there so many trees ?' Y/N asked, looking around.

  'We're at a forest Y/N, there's a campsite over there we can walk to.' Jeongyeon explained, pointing at the front of the car.

  'I've been wanting to come to the camp since ages ago!!' Chaeyoung exclaimed, opening the car door and hopping off excitedly. 'Y/N come with me!'

  Chaeyoung helped Y/N off the car after she unbuckled her seatbelt, and ran off to the campsite, ignoring the others shouting at her.

After they all arrived at the campsite, they each put down the equipment they brought with them on the camp floor.

'Eomma what are you doing ?' Y/N ran to Mina, who was setting up a tent.

'Y/N ! Don't come too close, it's dangerous.' Mina warned. 'And I'm setting up a tent for us to sleep in.'

Y/N nodded, and ran off to Jihyo, who was setting up the long table.

'Hey Y/N !'

'Mina Eomma told me not to go too close.' Y/N pouted, climbing on a chair Jihyo had set up. 'She said it's too dangerous.'

'What's she doing ?' Jihyo asked.

'Setting up a...what's that thing called ?' Y/N thought. 'Right, a tent !'

'Well, she's right Y/N. You can stay here with me Y/N.'

'What are you doing then ?' Y/N said, rolling around the grass.

  'Setting up this table, we need a place to eat after all.' Jihyo explained.

  'Eomma Hyo! I just remembered, can we eat marshmallows ?' Y/N asked, jumping up and down on the grass. 'My friends said they eat it when they camp too.'

  'Of course!! You don't know how many times your Momo Eomma has asked us that.' Jihyo laughed. 'It's with Eomma bunny but we'll eat it after dinner ok ?'

  Y/N nodded and ran to Eomma bunny, who, of course, had the marshmallows in her bag.

  'Eomma bunny !' Y/N giggled, running to her mom who was relaxing under a tent.

  'Hey Y/N !' Nayeon smiled upon seeing the girl run towards her. 'Bored, aren't you ?'

  'A bit, but can I eat some marshmallows ?'

  'Marshmallows ? What are you talking about ?' Nayeon asked, pretending to look confused.

  'Eomma Hyo said you brought marshmallows.' Y/N smiled, sitting between Nayeon's legs on the floor.

  'Did she ?'

  'Yes she did ! And I'm sure you brought marshmallows.' Y/N huffed, putting her tiny arms on her hip.

  'Alright, I admit I brought marshmallows.' Nayeon said. 'But Eomma Hyo told me not to give any to you until you have finished your dinner tonight.'

  'Eomma Hyo said that too, but one now ? Please ?' Y/N begged, using her puppy eyes on Nayeon.

  'Hey ! You know that cute face doesn't work on me.' Nayeon squished her daughter's cheeks from behind, internally screaming due to her overloading cuteness. 'Besides, we haven't even set the campfire up yet.'

  'Just a marshmallow, raw marshmallows are good too !' Y/N pleaded once more.

  'Fine, just one.' Nayeon gave in, reaching in her bag for the pack of marshmallows. 'But don't tell Eomma Hyo.'

  Y/N nodded happily, taking the marshmallow from Nayeon.

  'What do you say ?'

  'Tharnk yrou Eormma!!' Y/N said, biting on her marshmallow with a smile.

At night

  'That was some good sausage.' Momo said, patting her belly playfully. 'Thanks Hyo.'

  'Does anyone want more beef ? Or roasted carrots ?' Jihyo asked, smiling at Momo, then looking around at the others.

  'Me!!' Y/N shouted, her hand shooting in the air.

  'Good, you can finish these and then we can have the marshmallows !' Jihyo smiled, and everyone cheered upon hearing the word 'marshmallows'.

  'It's in your bag, right Nayeon ?' Jihyo asked, as Nayeon nodded while biting on her chicken.

  'WHY IS THE MARSHMALLOW PACK OPEN ?' Jihyo's voice boomed from inside the tent, and everyone started looking at each other, apart from Nayeon, who was eating intensively and pretending not to have heard their leader.

  'Y/N, be honest, did you eat any today ?' Jihyo asked.

  'N-No ! Eomma bunny didn't give me any marshmallows just now.' Y/N said, focusing on her half-bitten piece of beef.

  'Nayeon, it's you who gave her one, wasn't it ?' Jihyo questioned, left hand on her hip while her right hand was holding the pack of marshmallow out, like it was some sort of crime evidence.

  'Fine, I did.' Nayeon said. 'But she was so cute I couldn't resist her face !'

  'Alright, it's just one marshmallow, but next time, after dinner is after dinner, got it Y/N ?' Jihyo said, while everyone stared at the three.

  Y/N silently nodded, and Jihyo gave her a pat on the head, making the girl's smile appear once again.

  'Marshmallow time!!' Jihyo smiled, as everyone took a few marshmallows and poked it through their sticks, roasting it above the campfire.

  'It's good isn't it ?' Mina asked the girl on her laps, who just tried roasted marshmallow for the first time ever.

  'I love it!!' Y/N smiled, kicking her legs in the air excitedly.