10. Y/N sneaks out with her friends

12 y/o

  'Almost there!' Riku whisper-shouted, as Y/N slowly climbed out the window of her room, right leg stretching out as much as possible.

  'Now jump!' Ayaka whispered. 'We'll catch you.'

  The girl did as she was told, and fixed her tshirt and jeans once her feet were on the ground.

  'So, where are we going today?' Y/N asked, fixing the sleeves of her shirt.

  'I was going to ask if you guys would like to go to karaoke?' Riku suggested, and all four girls nodded.

  'I know one around here. Just down the street.' Mayuka pointed. 'Let's go there? They've got some good snacks too!'

  'Great I'm very hungry.' Y/N muttered, loud enough for the three of them to hear.

time skip: at karaoke

  '2 hours?' Riku asked the younger girls, who all nodded as a response. The former paid at the counter and off they went to their assigned room.

  'Shoot.'

  All the girls turned to look at Y/N.

  'I left the blanket covers open, i think.'

  'Oh gosh Y/N, how much more stupid could you be?' Mayuka scoffed playfully, as Y/N shot her a glare.

  'It's fine. Why would your moms go check on you when they're all sleeping?' Riku said, then handed Y/N a microphone. 'Come on, just sing your heart out.'

at home

  Jeongyeon was walking around their house, making sure everything was in place before she went to sleep.

  She slowly opened her daughter's door - part of her checking routine - to make sure she was sleeping alright.

  This whole habit started the night she witnessed her having a nightmare.

flashback

  'NO!' The girl shouted out with her eyes closed. 'GET AWAY FROM ME!'

  Tears were seen streaming down her face, and she was turning this way and that on her bed.

  Her loud voice did not go unheard by Jeongyeon, who just happened to walk past, and the latter thought she was playing a video game.

  Her mom opened the door, only to find the room in pitch darkness. That was when she realised the girl was having a nightmare.

  'Y/N?' Jeongyeon sat on the edge of Y/N's bed and lightly shook her daughter's left arm, only to have her hand get flung away.

  'Baby, wake up.' Jeongyeon continued shaking her. 'It's me, Eomma Jeong.'

  The girl slowly came to her senses and sat up, looking at her mom.

  'It's alright baby. It was just a nightmare, whatever you saw.' Jeongyeon smiled at Y/N, pulling her into a hug.

  'But it was so scary!' Y/N cried, tears still falling as she held onto Jeongyeon tightly.

  'I know it was. But you're alright, you're fine.' Jeongyeon spoke softly. 'You're here in your room, in your bed, with your moms in your house. We're all here to protect you.'

  Jeongyeon planted a soft kiss on her forehead after making sure she was ok with her comforting words, before tucking her into bed once again.

  'I'm feeling better now, thanks mom.' Y/N gave Jeongyeon a warm smile.