Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Grey

I stood on a rooftop overlooking the mayhem that was the port of Hunainia. The bustling port never seems to slumber not even in the dead of the night. It was beautiful chaos, a perfect blend of different languages and cultures, debauchery and sophistication.

"I need out!", His voice didn't scare me but it did leave goosebumps behind

"I need out!", His voice didn't scare me but it did leave goosebumps behind. I schooled my features into neutrality as I turned to the Ghilan.

He was still dressed like the zuffian, I looked at it in disdain.
" Shouldn't you be in another outfit?", I inquired.
Zikria portrays a striking tall figure, with his dark shoulder-length hair and muscular build he could be mistaken more for an athlete and less for a zuffian.

He shrugged nonchalantly., "I don't like this city," he said instead, leaning against the wall with his hand crossed against his chest," And I hate this role of zuffian even more",

I raised an eyebrow, "Soooooo?", I drew out the word.

"I want out!", He said a shade tartly.
" And here I was thinking you liked playing with people's minds",

"I had my fill. These people nag too much for miner things. No fun involved ", He spat with a sneer.
I gave him a bland look. He took it as my acceptance to hear his grievances. It was not!

" Now, minds like that girl!", he closed his eyes and making a sound of pleasure in the back of his throat," -Shroud? hmmmmm...Was her name and something else.....",

My body tensed at hearing her name.

"The taste!, Fuck! If only they made more like her",

I let out an imperceptible sigh, the only sign of displeasure I could show in front of this creature.

" You would like it too, I bet", He grinned showing perfect rows of white teeth.

I smirked, "Maybe next time you would invite me over for the buffet", - because that is the reply he would expect.

" I don't share", He sniffed. Removing an imaginary lint from his clothes ", But once I am done, you could have the leftover",

This conversation was draining and wasting my precious time.

"So how far have they gone?", I asked instead.

He remained quiet. Pretending to be lost in thoughts.

"Zikria! Feel free to make yourself useful while I am still alive", I said with mock patience.

He hated it, being ordered, being questioned, having to answer to a halfling like me. Well, too bad he didn't consider those odds when he made the bargain with me.

" The pirates of Qarasina are already crossing the mid Iyos", He said with an impressive sigh.
Mid lyos? Already! That's too far. I have fallen too back.
"-they had a bit of a problem with the Sirens, lost a few crewmen. ", He said with a yawn.