Nightmares after Midnight 4 (Young Franky x Young Reader)

You open the doors and inhale the sweet smell of fresh air.

"Good morning, miss Kokoro!" You smile and wave at the blonde woman.

It has been three days since you were found washed ashore on Scrap Island. Tom, the large yellow monster that you had thought him to be, was now like a father figure and allowed you to stay with them since you had no home.

Kokoro was like a mother, treating you very well and teaching you all about Water 7.

Iceburg stopped walking and looked towards your direction and waved. "Hey! ____! Good morning!" He grinned. You return the warm welcome and wave back. "Good morning, Iceburg!"

Iceburg was like the older brother of the family. You always see him scolding Franky for whatever stupid ideas he has or for recklessly trying to challenge a Sea King. You didn't mind though. To be honest, you also think that it was pretty dangerous but you didn't voice out your thoughts in order to prevent more arguments.

And then there was Franky.

He gazed at you as you waved at Iceburg. His face was strangely serious like he was thinking hard about something. Did you do something wrong? Lowering your hand, you make an 'are you alright?' look at him.

Before you could say anything, he broke into a smile and gave a small wave before turning back to the bridge that connects Water 7 to Scrap Island. "What was that about?" You ask, turning to Kokoro who had a mischievous grin plastered on her face.

She gave you a wink then tossed you a bag of extra clothes and lunch for the boys. "Franky's a growing boy. I guess even he can have that." was all she said before walking away. You frown, not fully understanding but whatever.

The day turned out to be sunny and hot. You felt your shirt sticking to your skin from sweat. Strands of (H/C) hair tangled on your face like seaweed. "I'm gonna die from this heat..." you mutter.

Tom laughed at you, like he always does, and carried a large mast with his bare hands. "Kokoro packed lunch. There should be some cold drinks there somewhere." He says before throwing the mast onto the ready ship.

"Toss me one, ____!" Iceburg calls from a little down below you. You grab one of the bags that Kokoro gave you and took out a bottle of cold water, and dropped it to Iceburg. "Thanks!" He says, wiping sweat off his brow.

You nod at him before returning back to what you were doing: looking out for Franky. "Geez, where is he now?" You sigh in annoyance. Your view on top of the abandoned galleon was perfect for keeping track of the bluenette boy. However, he was no where to be found. "Franky?" You ask worriedly, searching the waters beyond Scrap Island for any signs of him.

"BOO!"

"AAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!" You scream.

Franky fell down beside you, laughing his ass off. "Franky, you jerk! You nearly gave me a heart attack!" You punch the boy in the head, absolutely fuming.

"Aw, come on, ____!" The bluenette nudged your shoulder but you refused to look at him. How could he have scared you like that when you were worried sick about him?! Tch. Boys. You crossed your arms in silence. You decided that you were going to give him the silent treatment.

"Hey, ____. Come on. Don't be like that~" He mused, nudging your shoulder again and again, but you gave him a 'hmph!' and turned your head to the side with a childish pout. "O-Oi..._-____? H-Hey, come on, I was just kidding around." He lightly poked your side which made your body stiffen.

"Huh?" Franky poked you again at the same spot. Again, your body stiffened at the touch. He gave a broad grin at his new found discovery. "Oh-ho! Well waddya know~!"

"F-Franky! Don't you dare!" You crawl away from him quickly but he was faster. He caught you from behind and hugged you tightly. This made you blush but you knew what was coming.

"Tickle, tickle~" He started tickling your sides while he has you locked in his arms. Your eyes widen.

"HEY! FRANKY STO-PFFF-AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

Your sudden outburst made the others look up. Iceburg glared at the two of you but Tom just laughed along. You try to wriggle free from his arms but was unsuccessful.

Franky hugged you tighter and continued to tickle your sides. Tears came down from your eyes and your face started to redden. "STO-HAHAHAHAHA-FRANK-AHAHAHAHAHA-STOP! I GIVE! I GIVE!"

He stops and releases you from his hold, a triumphant smile on his face.

"Hey, Franky. You should be helping. Leave ____ alone." Iceburg glares at him while saying this. Franky frowns and turns to you. Your body was sprawled out, arms open, legs locked, and face red from laughing. A laughing smile still on your face.

Franky blushed pink and held back his smile. "You're prettier with a smile, you know..." He mutters before jumping off the galleon.