Comfort Kisses 1 (Sabo x Reader)

"Sabo? Do you think Ace and Luffy are okay?" You ask in concern.

It's been a week since the boys took you in. You knew they stash away treasure so that they could buy their own pirate ship one day but—-

"Don't worry, ___. They'll be alright." He pauses, then frowns after counting his share of earnings. "Well, at least Ace will be."

"WHAT?!" You cry out in concern for the younger brother. "He's not going to die, is he?"

Sabo laughs at this. You growl at him threateningly. "Stop worrying about Luffy all the time, ___! He may be an idiot but he'll survive!" He says between laughs.

Your frown deepens. How was that suppose to make your feel better?

Wiping a tear from his eye, Sabo stashes the money back in his sack and stands up. You turn to his gaze at the sun setting below the horizon signalling you that the day was at end. "I can't help but worry about him..." You mutter.

The blonde boy looks at your profile. Your (H/C) locks blowing against the wind, revealing your eyes that was full of anxiety. He took a seat down next to you and tangles his left foot with your right. "Why do you worry about him so much anyway?"

You make a face, unsure how to answer the question. "Hmm, maybe because if it weren't for him then you guys wouldn't have known me." You turn to look at Sabo who blushed at you. "And I would've been dead by now."

He freezes. 

You turn away and stare at the orange colored clouds. The memory was still fresh on your mind. It was true though. If it weren't for the small rubber boy then you would have died from either blood loss or mauled by some wild animal.

"If it was me—"

"Hm?" You look at Sabo as he spoke up. His eyes were covered by the rim of his hat but it didn't hide the tinge of pink on his cheeks.

"I-If it was me who found you—-" His head turned to look at your hand that rested beside his. You felt your heart skip a little. 'Cute~'

"If it was me who found you then...would you...worry about me too?"

It was your turn to blush now. Sabo's eyes looked into yours before averting nervously. You let out a giggle. He sweatdrops.

"That's silly, Sabo." You told him straightforwardly.

He fidgeted and started flailing his arms around. "U-Um—-That's—-Well—"

"I would still worry about you even if you weren't the one who found me first." You added, smiling to yourself at his reaction. Sabo turns a deep shade of red in embarrassment as he looks down at his hands.

You look up at him, smiling softly as you slowly lean in to his face and cupping your hand on his cheek. He stiffens at the touch but doesn't push away. You both stay still like that until you heard snickering from behind.

Sabo turned around. "What the—-LUFFY!!!"

You tightened the bandages a bit on Luffy's head. The poor boy held up a cold pack of peas on his black eye. You sigh. "Done. You go on and rest now, Luffy."

Luffy stood up and hugs you with his free arm. "Thanks ___! Sabo was such an ass." He pouts and glares at the blonde who sat facing the wall. Apparently you gave him a time-out for beating up Luffy earlier.

Sabo returns the glare and you could see sparks fly between the two. "Sabo, you're in a time-out. Don't make me beat you up. Luffy, you're already beaten up. So go to bed before I beat you up worse." You scold them. Ace laughs hysterically at the scene.

After you changed your clothes, you took out a journal and wrote down what happened today. From the other side of the wall that separates you from the boys, you could hear loud thumps and banging which meant that they were 'training' again before bed. 

You gave out a defeated sigh and slip yourself into bed and wrap the blankets around you. As soon as your head hit the pillow you were out like a light.