Comfort Kisses 1(Luffy x Reader)

"____!" A familiar voice calls from below the tree house you were currently napping in. You open one eye to check your surroundings before letting out a yawn. "____!" The voice calls again. Smiling, you open the door and peer down to find Luffy smiling up at you.

"Good morning, ____!" He beams.

You had a habit of taking a cat nap every morning in their tree house and, for some reason, little Luffy always comes over to greet you with a warm smile after their mission is done. He had a bag of his earnings slung over his shoulder. "Good morning, Luffy. How was your day?"

The straw hat wearing boy climbed up and sat down next to you, opening his bag of loot. "Great! Look how much I've got today~!" He chimes. You awed at the wad of cash and pieces of jewelry.

"Wow Luffy!" You breathed. It had only been a week since your stay, although Dadan begrudgingly allowed you to stay with them, you were still not used to all the treasure the boys would bring everyday.

"Neat, huh?" He says with a smile, holding out a sunflower to you. "This is for you, ____!"

You blink at the flower and take it, looking at him with soft eyes. "Why do you always give me sunflowers every morning?" You question him curiously.

Luffy just looks at you for a while like you said the strangest thing in the world. "What?" You stare back, blushing slightly.

"Well, I told Makino about you having nightmares every night. She says that if I give you something to make you happy then you might stop having them." He explains. Make you happy? Since when did he decide that sunflowers would make you so happy?

"When I see your smile, ____, it's like I see you shining. So Makino told me to give you sunflowers because they always look on the bright side." He adds after you give him your quizzical looks. 'I see...That's a nice way of looking at it...' You thought to yourself, giving Luffy a small peck on the cheek. "Thanks, Luffy!"

The straw hat boy grins broadly.

"Dinner is ready!" Dadan yells loudly for all of you to hear. You run after Ace, Sabo, and Luffy who were all hurrying to the dinner table. You silently took a seat next to Luffy and inhale the smell of roast pig.

"LET'S EAT!" Everyone yelled in unison.

Ace grabbed two large pieces of meat and shoved it in his mouth, Sabo was chewing away at his mouthful of food, and Luffy took a lot of meat before shoving them all in his mouth like Ace did. You sweatdropped.

Dinner was always like this. You couldn't help but feel a little intimidated by the three boys during meal time. They were more carnivorous than you are!

"____! Hurry and eat before all the meat is gone!" Luffy shoves a plateful of meat between the two of you. "Here. We can share if you want!" He adds with a grin.

"Th-Thanks..." You pick a piece and gingerly bit on it, eyeing the other boys who were chomping down their foods. Dadan was sitting down peacefully as meat flew in all direction. You secretly hoped she wouldn't snap like last time.

Once dinner was over and all the food were gone, ____ patted her stomach and exhaled contentedly. "That was delicious, Dadan-san." You bow to her politely. Dadan seemed insane as everyone else in the house but since she was the one taking care of you, you felt the need to be well-mannered around her.

After a nice hot bath, you slip on the nightgown that Makino had given you and walk towards the room. You could hear Ace, Sabo, and Luffy bickering behind their door. Letting out a sigh, you walk towards your own room and sprawled yourself on the bed.

"Oh, hold on. I forgot something!" You heard Luffy's muffled voice through the thin wooden wall that separated you from the trio of troublemakers.

Someone knocked on the door. "Who is it?" You ask groggily.

"It's me."

"Luffy?" You yawn as you walk over to answer the door, seeing Luffy grinning widely in front of you.

"Goodnight!" He says.

"Uhh...G-Goodnight." You say back. 'He came here just for that?'

Luffy nods then leaves.

"Heh. What a sweet kid."

~

You stare at the man standing before you. Eyes widen in shock as he sneered at your dirty, bloody body sitting next to your mother. Her eyes were closed, skin burned charcoal black and lifeless. Your face turned red with anger.

"How could you let this happen?!" You shout at him.

The man frowns and cracks a whip at you. You hold your arms up to your face to protect it and flinch as the whip struck your leg. "My, my. Your daughter needs to learn some manners." He laughs. The man standing beside him frowns at you.

"D-Daddy...help me...please..." You whisper softly and shakily.

The man only shakes his head in disgust. "I hate you."

The other man laughs louder and raises his whip. You close your eyes and wait for the pain. 

"____!"

Eyes snapping open, you transform and jump at the figure before you in a heavy pant. A pair of concerned and teary eyes looked at you. "__-____...It's me. Luffy."

You look around you, trying to remember your surroundings. You were at Dadan's house. The person in front of you was Monkey D. Luffy. You...were safe.

"Luffy, I'm so sorry..." You whisper after you transform back from snow leopard to human, wiping snot from your nose with the sleeve of your nightgown. You hadn't meant to jump him.

"You had another nightmare?" Luffy pipes up, interrupting your thoughts. You nod. Frowning, he crossed his arms and thought hard. "I was so sure those sunflowers would work." He muttered.

You smile, taking in his thoughtfulness and give him a peck on the cheek. "Thanks Luffy. But I don't think morning flowers are going to comfort me during the night." You gaze at the vase of sleeping sunflowers on your bedroom desk with a sigh.

Luffy beams after your statement. "That's it! I know how to get rid of your nightmares!" You blink. He gives you a big, sloppy wet kiss on the cheek. Your eyes grew wide.

WHAT.

THE.

FUU—

"L-Luffy-kun?" You said in a daze as he pulls back. Cupping your cheek, you look at him blushing a deep crimson red. "W-What was that for?"

The small boy smiles at you and tilts his head innocently to the side. "A comfort kiss!"