Special Seat (Luffy x Reader)

"Checkmate," Robin smiled innocently as she placed the black chess piece on the square. You widened your eyes then narrowed them again, looking around the board to see if it really was checkmate for you. Again.

"Damn," you sighed and scratched your head. You didn't like losing. At all. But when it comes to games like chess, you were just not cut out for it. Well that and Nico Robin is just too smart at this.

"That's your fifth loss, (Name)..." Chopper commented, sitting beside you two and watching the game while making his medicines. "Hey, Usopp wanna play against Robin?"

The three of them looked to Usopp sitting on the railing and watching the game as well. He hurriedly shook his head.

"N-No way, Robin beats me at this more times than I can count!" Usopp laughed.

"Actually... No one beats Robin in games. She's too good." Chopper corrected.

Robin smiled, a sweet and flowery aura surrounding her. She looked over to the bow of the ship where Luffy was sitting.

"Luffy, would you like to play a game?" She asked him.

Luffy bit on a piece of meat that he had bought from the island they had just left, he perked up after hearing Robin mentioned 'game'. Turning in his seat on the figurehead, he nodded rapidly in agreement.

"Alright," You said, standing up and picking up the board.

"Where are you going?" Chopper asked as he looked up at you.

You began to pick up the pieces and put them in the board. "I'm bringing the chess board to Luffy," you said, smiling. "I think it'll be nice to watch the game from a nice view on the figurehead-"

"NO!" Luffy interrupted you with a frown. "No one sits on my special seat!"

You stop, blinking rapidly, then looked over your shoulder at him, "Eh?"

Robin giggled and Usopp sighed heavily. "Luffy never lets anyone sit there." Usopp explained.

"It's like a rule on the ship now." Robin added.

You frown at that. Being a new member on the crew, you weren't very knowledgeable with anything about your new nakama and, apparently, this so-called 'ship rule'.

"Yosh! Let's play!" Luffy said excitedly and swallowed the rest of his meat. Then he jumped down the figurehead and ran over to where you had been sitting, right across Robin.

"I wonder what it's like to sit there..." You wondered to yourself as you stared at the spot Luffy had sat. But as much as you were curious, you didn't want to make Luffy mad.

However the thought nagged at the back of your head throughout the entire day. Morning turned to night on the Thousand Sunny and you were sitting at the dinner table along with everybody else.

Sanji was yelling at Luffy for stealing food, Usopp and Chopper tried to defend theirs, Zoro drank mostly booze, while the others were just happily chatting during the meal. You sat there in your seat next to Luffy, silently thinking.

It wasn't a big deal really. Not at all. You were just really really curious now. You've explored every part of the ship when you first had joined, all except for that one place.

With a quiet sigh, you lightly pushed your plate away and stood up.

"(Name)-chan, are you not going to eat?" Sanji asked politely. "Was the food not to your liking? I can cook something else for you, if you'd like."

You shook your head and smiled at him, "Nah, I guess I'm just not hungry. Sorry, Sanji."

Sanji pouted a bit, but let you go. You left the room and decided to go outside for some fresh air, never noticing the eyes of a certain pirate watching you the entire night.