Law x Reader x Kidd

High school AU Law x Reader x Kidd - Partners

Requested by KunaiKitten
_____

"Remember. The deadline is next week. You're free to pick your partner this time but make sure they actually do some work."

The teacher glanced at Ace snoring loudly at the back row with a glare. Everyone in class began to giggle as he woke up and looked around the room like he forgot where he was.

"Class dismissed," the teacher said just in time for the bell to ring.

You stood up from your seat and began fixing your things. Bonnie and Monet planned on taking you to the mall later for some shopping. It was your birthday next week and you asked your best friends to help you pick out your outfit. A girl's 16th birthday only comes once in a lifetime, after all.

Just as you were grabbing your bag and heading out of the room, you caught sight of Law waiting at the door. His stormy grey eyes gazed at you as if he was observing a lab experiment. Law is known to be a very attractive man and a lot of girls had their eyes on him. However it made you uncomfortable to be watched by such a popular student.

"(Name)-ya," He called you over quietly.

Not wanting to appear rude, you obediently walked over to him. He was noticeably taller than you, that's for sure. You craned your neck to see his face, which was just has the same neutral bored expression he wore everyday.

"Do you have a partner yet?" He asked you.

"No, no one asked me yet..." You replied. Your heart was thumping loudly in your chest as he leaned down closer to your face.

"Good," He stated with a smirk. "Let's be partners then."

"W-What?!"

Law was asking you to be his partner? Surely, he must be mistaking you for someone else! You weren't exactly as confident or as intelligent as he is. So why the hell would he pick you??

"Is there something wrong?" He frowned as he asked this. "Did you have someone else in mind?"

You stayed quiet for a while. One, you didn't have anyone in mind since the project was going to be passed next week. And it was a pretty easy presentation to make so anyone could have done it themselves. Two, you were too preoccupied to say anything because his face was too close..!

"Well..?" Law questioned again.

You open and close your mouth like a fish out of water, unable to make a sound as he stood there staring at your face. Law blinked. The blush on your cheeks became more evident as seconds passed into minutes.

"You're blushing," He stated.

"Y-Yeah, no shit..!" You snapped back and took a step away from him. "Anyway, why do you want me for a partner? You're smart enough to do this project on your own, if you wanted to."

Law didn't say anything for a moment. He was simply studying the features of your face. However, unlike earlier, the way he looked at you was a little different. It seemed more... loving? If Law could even feel such an emotion. He was known to be quite a cold-hearted person.

"If I wanted to." He said.

"Eh??" You looked at him confused.

"You said I was smart enough to do this project on my own if I wanted to," he repeated. "Well, I don't want to do it on my own. I want to do it with you."

By now your brain just completely shut down and you were left standing there with your mouth hanging open. Law chuckled at your reaction and turned around.

"See you later, (Name)-ya." He gave a small wave of his hand and left.

It took a good few minutes for his words to sink in. You weren't too sure which was reality and which was fantasy anymore.

The ringing of your phone snapped you out of your daze. It was Monet calling. She told you to meet them in half an hour at the mall. You decided to go change first before heading there, so you hurried out of school to get home.

When you passed by the school gates, you saw Kidd sitting on the ground as if waiting for someone. Kidd was known to be quite the hothead, but he was also really good-looking and probably just as popular as Law. You slowed down and stopped beside him, wondering if you should ask him what's up. Either way, he was going to see you pass so might as well be friendly.

"Kidd..?" You tapped his shoulder gently, ready to jump away if he suddenly threw a punch.

Kidd looked up with a scowl but, after seeing it was just you, his frown softened a little. You smiled awkwardly and waved.

"You waiting for someone?" You asked as he stood up.

More often than not, Kidd scares you just by a glare of his amber eyes. Although right now he seemed a little different than he was usually. He didn't shout or threaten you like he used to. In fact, Kidd looked sort of... shy? Now that was a word you didn't think would ever come up in the same sentence with his name.

"Hey, uhh..." Kidd avoided your eyes repeatedly, looking at the sky or at the ground as he tried to speak. "Erm..."

"...Y-Yes?" You stammered.

Honestly, you wanted to shut up. But Bonnie and Monet were waiting for you and you didn't want to be late. Kidd didn't seem too annoyed though, so that was good.

"You're going to be my partner for the project." He stated. Well, commanded, was a more appropriate term for it.

You were stunned into silence and just nodded your head without thinking. Kidd may seem more shy now, but he still scared you. He was tall and muscular. Could probably beat you into a pulp in a second. You weren't gonna stand there and watch him do it either.

"Alright. See ya."

"Y-Yeah... See ya, Kidd."

You waved him goodbye before running away as soon as he was out of sight. Reaching your house and shutting the door, you felt your energy drain away instantly. It was then you realized what you had done.

"Crap. I told Kidd I was gonna be his partner. I can't be his partner; I'm already Law's partner!!" You buried your head in your hands and sighed. "Great... I'm gonna have to choose one, aren't I?"

Will you pick Law because he asked you first?
Or will you pick Kidd to save yourself (from possible death)?

The choice is yours.