Three Simple Words (Luffy x Reader)

Usopp stared in disbelief at their captain, Monkey D. Luffy, as the rubber human sat on his special seat on the Thousand Sunny's figurehead silently. If there was one word to describe their idiotic captain, it was "NOISY".

There is never a day without that boy's loud mouth ruining the silence within the ship. Except, perhaps, today.

"Hey, Nami," The long nosed crew mate spoke up suddenly. "Luffy sure seems different today, huh?"

Nami looked up from reading the newspaper and glanced over at Luffy curiously. "Huh. You're right." She confirmed, narrowing her eyes suspiciously. "He seems...quieter than normal."

Usopp sighed. He was standing beside Franky, who was busy making a new invention for the ship's defense, when he realized that it seemed too peaceful. Usually Luffy would have been yelling about being hungry, bored, or even both.

"I'll go see what's up." Usopp decided, then made his way over to his friend.

Luffy was pouting and staring at the crystal waters of the blue ocean. His eyes followed a school of fish as they swam by.

The normal Luffy would have ran off immediately to get the fishing poles and try to catch some dinner. However, this time, he didn't.

"Hey, Luffy!" Usopp greeted with a smile. Luffy spared him a glance, before looking away again.

"Why are you so quiet? Something bothering you or something?"

Luffy, once again, looked at his friend. "I think (Name) hates me..." He said.

Usopp frowned somewhat confused. You and Luffy had always gotten along well. When no one would play with him, you would always volunteer to keep him under the reigns to make sure he doesn't go overboard and do anything stupid.

"What makes you think that?" He threw another question, interested to know the situation between the two best friends.

Luffy sighed and shook his head. "Whenever I try to talk to her, she won't look at me." He began. Taking off his straw hat and holding it in front of him, he stared into space like he was remembering the memory of it. "And when I saw her earlier, she avoided me." He then added sadly, making Usopp blink in surprise.

"I see..." Was all he could mutter. It was strange. You would never purposely ignore Luffy, would you? Even if the idiot was childish and clueless, you had the least complaints about him, if not at all.

Luffy's words were stuck in his head the entire day. After he told the rest of the crew about it, Zoro suggested that maybe it could be that you were hiding something from Luffy.

"I think I may know what this is about," Robin piped up after a brief silence and glanced over to see you walking towards them. "Nami, I'd like to test out my theory. Would you mind helping me?"

"Sure, no problem!" Nami gave a thumbs up.

You were walking to the kitchen to grab a snack when you noticed your crew mates gathered in a circle. Curious, you decided to go ask what was wrong, but by the time you had arrived they had already dispersed.

"Good morning, (Name)!" Chopper smiled up at you. You smiled back.

"Good morning, Chopper," You returned the greeting, then looked around and saw Nami heading towards Luffy by the figurehead. "So...umm...why were you all huddled up here? Is something wrong?" You ask awkwardly and looked over at Robin.

She flashed you her warmest smile and shook her head. "Everything is going alright, (Name)," She said. "However Luffy seems to be acting different today. And so are you."

You hadn't expected that answer, so you stood still, blinking rapidly and trying to think of a reason for her sudden comment. "Umm...what do you mean, Robin...?" You ask, looking down and shifting on your feet.

"She means that you've been avoiding Luffy like he has some sort of contagious disease!" Nami exclaimed as she dragged her captain to the group. "And, because of that, he's been really quiet!"

Robin giggled at Nami's bluntness. "Well, straight to the point, I see?"

"Damn right," She huffed and crossed her arms, looking between you and Luffy. "Why are you guys not talking to each other?! You're supposed to be best friends, yet you're acting like total strangers right now!!"

Luffy whined loudly and sat cross legged, facing you with a pout. "(Name) started it!! She won't talk to me! Or look at me!" He grumbled like a child.

As if to prove his point, you look away as soon as you caught a glimpse of him, pink dusting your cheeks.

"See!?" Luffy pointed an accusing finger at you and huffed. "There she goes again!!"

You blushed even harder from the embarrassment.

Chopper frowned worriedly. He didn't want his friends to fight. "(N-Name)? Can't you at least look at him?" He chided gently and tugged on your shirt.
.
.
.
Sigh.

"Okay..." You mumble quietly, not wanting to upset the cute little reindeer doctor, and slowly looked down at Luffy's face.

Those dark orbs staring up at you sadly, it was just too much. You felt your cheeks heat up and your face going bright red like a tomato.

"U-Umm..." You stammered, not quite sure what to say. It had been a week since you last spoke to Luffy.

The Straw Hat captain stood up and gazed into your eyes. "(Name)?" He frowned and grabbed your shoulders, shaking you a bit. "If you're gonna ignore me then at least tell me why!"

"W-Why...?" You stutter, nervous (E/C) eyes locked onto his.

"Why do you hate me?!"

"Luffy, I--"

"What did I do wrong!? Tell me!!"

"But Lu--"

"WHY (NAME)--!?!"

He stopped,

Widened his eyes,

And stood stiff as a pair of soft lips pressed against his own.

Your hands were gripping the front of his shirt and pulling him down to you. You couldn't explain it, but you had wanted to do that since a week ago.

The feeling was strange. A fluttering was going on in your chest and you wanted time to stop right there. But upon realizing what you had done, you gasped and quickly pulled away from him.

Luffy stared at you, mouth slightly open in shock. What the hell was that?

"(Name)?" He began, reaching up and touching his lips. He could still feel a tingling feeling on them.

You immediately turned into a blushing, stuttering, apologetic mess. But before you could run away from him like you had done for a week now, Luffy wrapped his rubbery arms around you and pulled you into a bear hug.

"My, my. What a turn of events." Robin smiled, sipping her tea as she happily watched the two.

"Geez, you didn't need to avoid him just because of your crush on him, (Name)." Nami sighed.

Luffy looked at Nami curiously. "What's a crush?"

"Oh for heaven's sake, Luffy, (Name) loves you!!" She yelled and hit his head, though the punch didn't affect him.

"Ohhh!" He laughed. "You mean that thing Sanji feels around every girl he sees?"

Nami blinked. "Well, yeah, sorta..."

You squeaked as Luffy pulled away slightly and kept held of your shoulders, he smiled brightly at you. "Don't worry, (Name)! I love you too!"

"E-E-Eh?!?" You shrieked,

You sure as hell weren't expecting that confession.