Nightmares after Midnight 5 (Young Franky x Young Reader)

You were here again.

In an abandoned room in the ship.

Why does this keep happening?

You hurriedly turn the knob as you ran out to the flooding hallways. I have to find them. I have to get them back! You tell yourself as you run to the upper deck of the ship. It was there again. The wave from Aqua Laguna.

Listening closely, you try to find your mother's voice like you heard every single time during this encounter.

"WE'RE SINKING!"

There. You run to the direction where you heard the cry, dodging people as they run away. "MOM!" You cry out, extending your hand to the person standing there and bringing them into an embrace. "I was so worried..." You sigh in relief, looking up.

"____?"

W-WHAT?!

The person you were hugging stood there in your embrace, face shocked as you are. That wasn't your mother. "F-Franky, what are you-" You began but stopped short as the wave came crashing down on both of you.

Your body spun underwater. Shaking your head, you searched for him. Franky, where are you? You spot a figure with light blue hair wearing a red Hawaiian shirt and a pair of blue speedo.

FRANKY!

You swim to him, watching his body slowly descending to the black depths of your fears. You reach out. Franky! Wake up! Take my hand! Hurry! Your hand touched his and you almost had him.

But a mast came down on you, sinking you along with it, away from the bluenette boy.

Franky!

FRANKY!

"FRANKY!" You scream and open your eyes, panting from the awakening. Your eyes immediately locked on to another pair of eyes.

Franky was lying next to you on the bed with his head resting on his arm. His body was being hugged by your arms and legs. "What is it?"

You blush. "W-What are you doing lying there?" You ask, unable to move from surprise.

He just smirked and raised an eye brow at you. "Seriously? You were the one calling me in your sleep, you know."

No way.

You blush even more. You quickly released him from your hold and shifted your gaze downward to your hands.

"So, why'd you scream all of a sudden?" He asks, followed by a yawn.

You felt bad. Ever since you got here, all you ever had were nightmares of that night. It's been a week since your stay and whenever you woke up from those haunting memories, Franky was always there in the room watching over you.

"Nothing..." You reply, turning your back to him and trying to go back to sleep.

You couldn't help but cry silently. Tears streaming down your face and wetting your side of the bed. That nightmare was different from the rest of the ones you had previously. You blink away tears.

On the other side of the bed, Franky lay still while watching you. He could hear soft sniffles and saw your shoulders shake a bit. You were crying again. He furrowed his brows in concern. He hated to see you cry.

Slowly, he scoots over to you and embraces you while you both lie on the bed. He buries his face in the crook of your neck and sighed. He can clearly remember the first night he had done this. The first nightmare you had.

You were scared and you were muttering in your sleep. He couldn't wake you up so he was about to go out and call for Kokoro when-

"NO! PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME!" You cried with your arm outstretched. The scream made him stop in his tracks. He slowly turned around to see your face red and wet with tears.

That was the first time he saw you cry...and he didn't like it.

Night after night, he noticed that you mutter the same thing in your sleep. Your body tenses up and jerks as if you were running after something. Then you scream and wake up. The clock would strike 12:30 in the morning. Half past midnight.

He noticed all of it.

Ever since the first night, he came to check on you and comfort you whenever you wake up. He didn't know why, but he felt sad when he sees you upset over the nightmares you've been having.

That's when he hugs you and your breathing slowly calms down. Whenever he hugs you when you fall back asleep, the nightmares stop and you seem to be sleeping peacefully. That was something else he noticed.

Stroking your (H/C) hair, he whispers to you before you close your eyes and enter a peaceful slumber once again.

"It's okay. I'm here."