chapter 1 ( right into it)

In Beijing university, one of the best in the country, is a model student Xiao Zhan.

He is a second year student in the medicine department.
He wants to be a doctor just like his parents, grandparents and almost everyone else in his family.

They have a big hospital in Beijing where he spends all his vacations working as an assistant doctor.

He's a single 20 year old who was never in a relationship since he was born.
"Hey, over here" his best friend waved towards him when he entered the cafeteria.

"You're already here, did you get me my food, babe?" He asked seriously.

"Stop calling me that you single puppy...who is your babe? Anyway, I bought your usual, why do you even like these spicy staff anyway?"
His best friend Lay Yixing asked.

"To answer your last question, at least I am not boring like you , spicy food is for cool guys like me" Zhan said with a little gait.

"Mhpph! Who has no social life, not me...at least I don't burry myself in books and work" Lay retorted.

"At least I am making a better life for my future wife and kids" Zhan said.

"Who even said that you'll have a wife?"

Lay whispered.

They bickered like that just like always as they ate their food.

After classes, Zhan sat in his Bugatti and rode away.

Elsewhere, Yibo was hiding near the fence from 5 boys who wanted to beat him up.

"Where are you little twimp, come out yourself and we will not do anything to you, right guys?" Yibos step brother asked loudly and his minions hummed loud yesses.

Yibo thought that he was hiding very well but he got distracted and did not look at his back.

"Now I got you you idiot, there's no escape for you now." A muscular boy held him.
The others came and started hitting Yibo just like usual.

Yibo was already down when he looked infront of him and saw a hole, a big enough hole for someone to pass through.

He used all his remaining strength to push the boy who was stranding him then ran as fast as possible through the hole.

He ran a few meters as the boys chased him.
He became distracted and failed to look ahead then a car came crashing with him and he fainted right away.

The boys feared this and ran away right through the hole all trembling in fear.
The driver of the car also feared and ran away leaving the fainted boy lying on the road.

Zhan was coming the same direction and hit the emergency brakes suddenly.
He couldn't believe that he almost ran someone over.
He immediately came out of the car and squoted down to the boys level.

"Hey, are you okay? Can you hear me?" He asked and got no response.

Yibo somehow got a bit conscious and opened his eyes.

"Angel" he whispered and fell back asleep.

Zhan panicked and placed his hand on yibos chest where the heart is.
He felt that his heart was still beating,"thank God" he huffed in relief.

He swiftly carried the light boy and placed him on the back seat.
Something in him just told him to help the boy, he observed him through the rear mirror, his wounds were horrible. He observed beyond those wounds and found a soft young fragile skin, if not for the wounds, this would be a very pretty face.

Zhan drove against all the traffic rules until he got to his hospital.
"Hurry, bring a stretcher" he told the nurses as he carried Yibo bridal style.

They hurriedly pushed him to the OR to check any internal breeding.
Zhan was also in the team.

After an hour of tests, Yibo was found not to have much problems, they only had to wait for him to wake up.
They transferred him into a private room then Zhan excused himself to go to his parents office.

"Who is that boy you brought in?" His father who had earlier been informed asked.

"I don't know him, I found him on the road maybe he was hit by a car but the driver ran away" Zhan explained.

"People are so cruel these days...where is the world even headed" his mum asked shaking her head.

"Anyway mom, dad...I want to take a few days off to take care of the boy until he wakes up...I fell kinda responsible for him now" Zhan said.

"It's okay son...do the thing that will give you peace of mind...now why don't you go home freshen up then come back later...you cannot take care of a sick person when you're all stinky." Mom said.

"I am not stinky mom, but yes, I'll go change" Zhan said and left immediately.

He came back later at 9 and went straight to Yibos room.
He was carefully looking at the cleaned up face of the boy and only one thing ran through his head.

"Who could have done this to a beautiful innocent pure boy, I'll make sure that this doesn't happen again, I promise" Zhan said and fell asleep holding yibos soft hand.

Xiao Zhan, cute when calm but you'll not like him when angry.
A little overprotective of his loved ones.

Vote and comment 💚❤️💛

I wish I could update everyday for my lovely readers 😭😭...but am so busy these days....but am also glad to be busy🤣🤣

See you