chapter 8( doubt)

It was Thursday, Yibo was lined up among the many students checking their performance on the notice board.

His finger moved from the last position going upwards since he knew that he couldn't lead anyways only until the finger landed on the second position.

"A distinction, I passed" he said loudly and jumped around a bit.

He was Soo happy, it was the first time to get the second position, he always came at the middle. He decided to tell Zhan first and in person, thus he was going to surprise him.

" Hello Yibo, I am still in the hospital , just give me 30 minutes to pick you up." Zhan said as soon as he picked up his phone.

"No, actually. . . I wanted to ask you not to pick me up since my driver is already here, you can come to my house later." Yibo said.

"Okay lovely, have a nice journey home....I'll drop by later"

After hanging up, Yibo hailed a taxi and directed it to the hospital, he couldn't wait to see Zhan and give him the good news.

"Thanks" Yibo said to the taxi driver as he got out.

he's scanned huge building before him and let out a big breath.

He walked in and greeted the receptionist as he always does then proceeded to take the lift.
when he reached the top floor he vaguely saw zhan's back and almost shouted "surprise" but he was the one surprised.

Zhan was hugging a girl, a tall petite girl holding a big briefcase then the girl kissed Zhan on both cheeks.

At that moment, Yibo felt like crying. Why the hell would Zhan kiss a girl after kissing him?

He turned around to walk away but Zhan saw him.
"Yibo... Yibo" he called and Yibo turned around looking at both of them.

"....I thought you said that you'd go home, how comes that you're here?"

"I am leaving then if you don't want me here, so that you can continue kissing" Yibo mumbled the last part and Zhan didn't hear.

"Don't leave, come with me" Zhan said realizing his mistake and held yibos hand.

"I'll see you later Lily, why don't you go to mum and Dad's office, say hi to them for me" Zhan said to the girl dismissing her and left hand in hand with Yibo towards the hospital exit.

****Lily****
"What type of brother is this,  leaving me all alone at the hospital hallway even after not seeing me for 5 years, aaaarh!"
I shout frustratedly after Zhan took off.

I go my way searching for my parents office and hoping that they hadn't changed it since I'm dead tired, fuck, I shouldn't have surprised them since I'm the one surprised.

I roam around for a while until I find it,
"Fucking finally"
I yell lowly as I knock, once, twice till I hear Dad's voice "come in".

"Surprise" I shout and they sure are surprised. I hadn't announced of my arrival and they weren't ready for me.

I gave each of them a big hug then flopped myself on the long leather couch.

After a lot of catching up, I finally decide to ask the question that had been bugging me.

"Mum, dad, who was that boy with Zhan? Yibo or something"

"Oh, he's Zhan's best friend, they have been friends for months now" mum answered.

"I don't think they're just friends, I noticed the boys look when I kissed Zhan's cheeks, he was glarering at both of us and the look of victory that he gave me when Zhan held his hand.
The way Zhan held his hand didn't exactly scream friendship and he also left me there after not seeing me for five years......we used to be so close" I said the last part feeling jealous.

"Oh, I almost forgot that our daughter is now a psychologist" dad said proudly and I smiled.

"Yeah, we also think that, they are more like .....lovers" mum said and dad nodded.

Now I'm really curious.

*

Zhan took Yibo to the lake, they didn't talk all the way there and minutes later after getting there.

It's not like Zhan hadn't tried to talk, he did but Yibo wasn't responding.

"Baby, talk to me please....I don't like it when you ignore me" Zhan said almost crying. This is after trying everything just so Yibo would talk to him.

"Baby...."
Yibo finally looked at Zhan only to see a lone tear escaping the latter's eye.

"Don't cry, I'll not ignore you" he assured.

Yibo looked at Zhan's cheeks and remembered the girl then he softy kissed the same spots hoping to erase the former ones.

"What's wrong, did I do something wrong or did you fail your exam...if it's that, don't worry, I'll still take you on a vacation" Zhan said.

"It's not that...."

"Then what is it?"

"Promise you won't be mad"

"I promise"

"Who was that girl kissing you in the hospital?" Yibo finally asked, he was afraid hoping that Zhan will not say fiance or girlfriend.

"Don't tell me you're jealous....is this why you didn't talk to me?" Zhan asked and smirked making Yibo blush.

"Just answer me"

"Okay, she's my sister and she hadn't been home for five years then today she decided to surprise us, happy?" Zhan asked and Yibo couldn't help but be embarrassed, how could he be jealous of his own sister- in- law?

"I love it when you are jealous like this.....damn, I love you every time of everyday" Zhan said in his heart.

" I'm jealous because I love you and I don't want to share you" Yibo too thought.

"I passed the exam, and I came second" Yibo finally said happily.

"Oh yes....that's my baby....I'm so proud of you lovely, now we can go on your well deserved vacay" Zhan said and hugged Yibo tight.

After a while, they both let go of the hug and stared at each other each one leaning in slowly until their lips connected into a sweet kiss.

"My love" They both thought.

Vote and comment 💚❤️💛

See you next chapter.

All the readers, thanks for the votes and comments, I really appreciate them.

Lily

Song above, jealous by nick Jonas, it fits this chapter