chapter 13(alone)

It's been 5 years, Yibo is now 23 years old and he's now quite handsome. He studied medicine and he's now a top physician in one of the hospitals in china, he also helps his mom to manage their business since he's not a full time worker in the hospital.

Yibos life is pretty neutral, his life runs in a normal cycle, work, eat , sleep but sometimes he goes to the cycling circuit to ride motorcycles.

In the past 5 years, a lot has happened in yibos life.
He hasn't communicated with Zhan ever since .
He has reconciled with his dad and brothers, they even meet once a month for dinner in his father's home.

Riiiing! Riiiing!
His phone rings.

"Hello mum?" He answers

"Hello sweetie, I hope that you remember that we are having a family dinner tonight, your dad changed the venue into Serena hotel, meet me there at 7"

"You sure that you don't need me to pick you up mom?"

"Don't bother darling, Jackson already volunteered...see you"

"Okay, see you later, take care" Yibo said and cut the call then continued with his work.

Honestly speaking, this five years, Yibo has not been himself. He's buried himself so deep into the world of hate that he doesn't know how to get himself out.

He hates Zhan, he hates Zhan for loving him, he hates Zhan for taking care of him, he hates Zhan for making him fall and most important, he hates Zhan for breaking his heart.

"You made me fall in love with you, I've tried to love others but I just can't....I wish I hadn't met you then" this is what he always say when he looks at Zhan's photo.

Yibo gets up from his sit hoping to forget Zhan at least for the night, he needed to concentrate on his family.

He gets out of the office and heads to his house which is at the outskirts of town, just in between the office and the hospital.

It's a nice 5 bedroom house in a good, rich neighborhood with an indoor and rooftop swimming pool, a nice backyard where he's planted his favorite flowers and other plants, it's just a house he'd want to have his life.

He looks at his watch and realize it's just 4pm, he sets his alarm for 5:30 and decides to sleep for an hour and a half.

When he gets up, he takes a slow shower and changes into a white suit, he looks at himself through the mirror and he must agree, he looks pretty handsome.
A

He smiles at himself and thanks his parents in his heart for having good genes

When he's satisfied, he gets in the car and drives towards the hotel.

Yibo and his family have quite a huge dinner with a lots of talks here and there, they are in silence for a minute and yibos dad decides to use the opportunity to announce the reason for calling them all there.

"Yibo, son, I want to talk about you" he says and Yibo nods telling him to go ahead.

"When will you get married?" His dad asks making Yibo surprised, where did this even come from.

"You know that all your brothers are already married, even Jackson is your age mate but he's married with a child already, I think it's your turn now"

"Dad, I can't get married yet, I'm only 23" he says.

"23 is quite a good age, I married your mom when I was only 20." his dad says, yibos mom is quite, she knows that this will not end well.

"Yeah, and I can see that you're still married to her now aren't you?" Yibo almost shout.

"Manners boy, I knew you always hold this against me, can't you understand, it's your mom....." He doesn't even get to finish his sentence when Yibo hits the table and stand up.

"No, it's not mom, it's just you who couldn't keep your second head intact" Yibo says without any remorse.

"Yibo, that's no way to talk to your dad, apologize now" his mum shouts at him.

"No mum, I'll not apologize since I talked the truth"
Yibo says calmly and immediately leaves, he's already lost his appetite, he doesn't even know why his mum keeps on taking his father's side, she's also the one that begged him to forgive them.

Yibo knows well that he's tears will fall soon, he struggles to rush to the bathroom since he doesn't want anyone to see him crying.

No sooner had he reached the bathroom than his tears fell. He stands at the door which was fully Open.

He try's to search his pocket for a hanky but he doesn't find any then he sees a white handkerchief held in front of him.

He takes it and inspects it of any dirt or mucus,
"take it, it's clean" a voice says, he's still staring at the hanky when the owner of the voice pass past him leaving only a trail of perfume, the perfume has a really pleasant smell.

"That voice, I know that voice.....that scent...." Yibo says now coming back to his senses.

He looks outside only to find an empty hallway, he runs outside and sees the back of a tall man now getting in a car and the car speeds away.

He knows that back, fuck it, he could recognize that back anywhere.

"Is he back?" He whispers to no one in particular.

"There's only one way to find out" he says and takes his phone.

"Hello doctor Zhou, how have you been this past few days since we saw each other?" He asks Zhou Cheng one of his friends who works in Zhan's dad's hospital.

"I'm doing fine Yibo, how about you?"

"I'm also fine, just busy with things here and there, I called since there's a case I'd like to discuss with you." Yibo says.

"You called at the right time my friend, I also have something to discuss with you, why don't you come by the hospital tommorow, lunch is on me"

"Don't worry my friend, I'll meet you tomorrow at noon, I'll be free that time"

They chat a little more and wish each other goodnight.

"It's time to get to the bottom of things, I just don't want to hate you with no reason " Yibo whispers and starts driving home.

What do you think about this chapter? Why do you think Zhan ignored Yibo without giving him reasons?

Comment your thoughts 😊

Vote and comment 💚❤️💛

See you next update.

Just listen to this song as you read....it's my favorite song....I especially like to listen to Zhan's cover of it