Chapter 24 : the Hero of Human Kind

Gustavo starts his car with Madame Azalea at the passenger seat, looking at the reflection of herself in the mirror. He drives immediately when the engine produces a soft sound. Madame Azalea gasps as she is thrown onto the chair when the car moves forward.

"Sorry." He mutters.

"It's okay." She fixes her lipstick and closes the mirror once she's done.

"Where are we going?"

"Well, according to my instinct,"

"Fairy instinct?"

"Ck. Stop it. He's a scientist or something, I suppose. And there's an illegal laboratory in this city where the owner rents it to people who are experimenting on illegal practice."

"I don't care about what they do in this laboratory. I'm more interested in where this laboratory is located."

"Ooh. Right. Right." She takes something from her purse.

"What's that?" Gustavo asks as he keeps going straight.

"It's a GPS. Duh."

***

Damien Mort, P.hD approaches Penelope who's now tied to the bed. The builders came in earlier and they grabbed Penelope's arms and legs, and they tied her limbs to the edges of the bed. She tried to escape, of course. But the harder she struggled, the stronger they grabbed her. They took off her clothes and put a short dress on her.

"You're very quite for someone who got kidnapped for the first time." Damien says as he takes one stroller with him, nearer to the bed.

"I use my brain. I know there's no use to scream like crazy. It will only waste my time and energy." She says as he unlocks the keys to the mini suitcase.

"Good girl. Now we're going to see what's inside that head." She widens her eyes as he takes a hypodermic needle with a transparent liquid in it from the second tier of the stroller.

"What are you going to do?" She asks in horror.

"This is amazing. You're made of wood but you're alive. You won't get hurt if I pinch you, or burn you, or put you in a minus 4 degree celcius."

"What's your point?" She snaps.

"Don't be such a cynical. You can be the world's cure on how to survive in extreme situations. I've been working on this for years, spent most of my money, and nothing seem to work. Nothing!" He puts away the needle.

"But you," he opens his arms and smiles wide. He chuckles. "You are the perfect ingredient for my formula."

He takes the needle and without any notice, he pushes it into her. She gasps, and just when he think he has succeeded, he realizes that the needle is broken and the liquid stays inside the tube. He growls.

"I guess we have to examine you without tranquilizer."

"W-we?"

"Yes. Me and my machines." He points all the strollers around the room with his hand and pats the machine next to him.

"What are you going to do with me?" She asks, almost like a whisper.

"I want to see inside your head. How your brain looks like, your eyes, mouth. Is there any skull in it? I want to see what's inside that stomach," he touches her stomach. "What's inside this." He lets his finger goes down to her female part that is covered only with a thin fabric from the short dress.

"I want to see how you survive in the most extreme situations, what makes you different from any other human being.

"And I," His voice is stern, yet devilish. "Will be the hero of human kind."