❝ don't want complications, that i understand. ❞

Cale was just peacefully trying to sleep as he Rick's his chair but dang, his throat felt itchy. He needed water but it was strained - and so, since everyone was not here, he decided to sing. Well, not yet as he was searching songs that really don't need full force and he just found one, nice.

Unknown to his senseless density of knowing when someone is there when he sings, a couple of people emerge just from the side of his bedroom - far away from his eyesight as they used invisibility and a sound barrier.

Not ready, I get it
Don't want complications, you gotta focus on yourself

Cale quietly hums, quite liking the way this body's voice sounds however, it was completely different from his normal deep and hoarse yet powerful tone.

You cancel, no worries, it's all good
No hurry, your heart belongs to someone else

Rosalyn blinks then a suggestive hum comes out from her mouth, "Are you guys thinking what I am thinking?"

Raon says, "Not quite, Smart Rosalyn! But we'll get it soon-!"

Choi Han raises an eyebrow as he does not recognise this song nor was it in Choi Jung Soo's memories. Perhaps...?

You know I'm always here to keep you company,

Cale frowns, he could feel his throat throb for a minute and he could barely croak out the next line, company.

Man, that was a pain when it gets itchy while singing.

Rosalyn gasps, Eruhaben squinted his eyes in disbelief, Ron stiffens, Mary blinks and the others looked absolutely baffled. The young master sounded sad- especially the crack in his voice as he tries to convince himself only as a companion! Poor Cale-nim, how was he in a one-sided love!? No-, how dare that person be blind - as much as they understand Cale is quite stoic and doesn't show facial expressions openly, his actions would show you!

Maybe I don't wanna be just friends
See you only on the weekends
Sorry, hope you understand
I like you a little too much for that

Rosalyn took out a notepad out of nowhere and started to jot whatever Cale was saying.

Mary ponders as she rubs her chin thoughtfully, "Is it one of us? He did say friends-??"

But Ron narrows his eyes as he spill out his own opinion, " 'See you only on the weekends', which? Young master is always at home unless it's one of our allies."

"It could be the little crown prince!" Raon chirps(--the irony of this sentence help), raising his claws and made unexplainable movements.

"You are right Raon-nim!" Rosalyn gushed and shoved her written theory note on everyone's face.

Choi Han coughs, wanting to clear up the misunderstanding but he doesn't have the heart to. WELL, he does but you know, he kinda wanna know how it'll go.

Maybe I don't wanna be just friends
Always hearing 'bout your ex
Sorry, there's no going back
I like you a little too much for that
Maybe I don't wanna be-

"Oh- never mind then." Rosalyn deflated and put her note in the recycle bin.

If I'm such a nice guy and you had a great time
Why don't we kick it up a notch?
How about you come over
Move in to me closer and let my hands give it a shot

"How hopeless this unlucky bastard is," Eruhaben tuts.

Rosalyn giggles funnily, "You go, young master! Get your... uh, person!" Mary nods and brought her fists up as a way to express her support.

On sighs, 'I'm pretty sure he doesn't have time for that. He probably was just feeling to sing.'

Choi Han just shakes his head, also sympathising with the words Eruhaben had uttered. He also didn't know Cale-nim was this hopeless.

Cale sneezes and literally passed out from tiredness, I don't know how he can just drop and then sleep like it's picking stars from above.

author's note.
Here, have a filler chapter.
Tboah!cale needs a bit of
an adjustment as well, this
little teen is quite emo and
I need to express it thoroughly.