❝ you know, I'm hurting too.❞

Cale heaves out a breath as he straightened his attire, the nervousness slowly dissipates as he remembers what his mission was.

Today, he was going to perform a three minute song. At first, he was contemplative whether he should join or not - but his heart told him to, his mind had supported the idea. 8t was because his emotions are too suffocating that even the brain can't function well.

His family didn't know about it, but his servants did. It was kept a secret, even though he was going to show his whole face. Who cares if they think his song is bad?

He just wants to feel breathless again, like how he felt when he noticed that nothing like the sweet love his mother gave him could ever be compared to something as gold — no, a person's life.

"Young master Henituse, it's your turn." One of the servants that participated of holding the event calls put to him, slightly anxious in matter.

The red headed young master nods curtly and passed the servant, he walks to the stage as everyone silenced.

His fiery red hair and reddish brown that was akin to a cat's eyes was familiar to the crowd. A certain family of browns look wide-eyed at the person up at that stage.

Everyone stopped their murmurs and wondered what a trash can do besides drinking and causing trouble.

Every one of then had narrowed, criticising eyes that bore into his head. However he didn't pay attention to that, instead he bowed before sitting on the piano. Since the royal family were also present, he needed to be at least decent in this programme.

Clearing his throat, his hands moved to the piano. As he starts to play, his voice starts:

Floating up so high in the sky
Was a moon that drifted like it was floating by

Everyone's breath hitch. They did not expect that. The sound of the piano could still be heard in the deafening silence. The sound that was echoing through the theatre was so high-spirited and quite unique - usually a sound that can be expected from a woman  and it was a contrast to the guy that they see in front of their eyes.

At the gate of the, mansion as I was glancing up
The you as you were had again resurfaced in my mind
It's fine

The music was nice and soothing but the vocals were quite unique and unheard of. He was singing like he was in a rush, as if he was losing time to say this to person. It was like he was out of breath.

Gardens, and thin wispy clouds
Summer scents, caress me and linger even now
Standing on my toes looking tall although
I know before long I will grow

Deruth's face falters. His late wife loved gardens and it was mostly where she was or where she usually went when she wasn't working. Cale had gotten her hobbies, to like flowers and gardens - to like the summer where everything can be rest easy.

Tired of playing, we took a little break
Out behind the house garden, the day was growing late
Even if these days end ending soon
I'm sure, I'm sure I'll still remember you

Cale closed his eyes. He didn't know what would have happened but he should have at least expected it. With his mother practically having a weak body and the weather current situation, he should have expected things would likely happen. But, how would he know? He was barely a child who only thought of rainbows and flowers.

And now, he has grown out of despair and hatred combined. It wasn't very pretty, he isn't very pretty. With rose, comes its thorns - and unfortunately, his thorns had gotten the best of him. No one was able to pluck them out because they were scared. They were scared of his splinters, his pointy bared teeth - his words that could stab all of them in the heart.