Chapter 10

A story by WriterNPC4564 and Thaddeus56.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Gawain and Weiss are sitting in his dorm reading another book together. Blake, Yang, and Ruby were on the other bed doing their own things as the two talked about the book while reading. "This book ain't so bad. Probably as good as the first one in the series."

Weiss shifts her legs while they are crossed from one to the other. "You're right. The story surely keeps you reading, even when you know you have to stop."

She scoots closer to him after uncrossing her legs. Now they are together since she got closer to him. "You know, Weiss, I'm glad we don't have the first encounter of one another spoiling our friendship."

She closes her book after book marking the page she's on. "Me too. These book sessions and going to the city together has been quite enjoyable."

Blake closes her book. "So this all you two do when not in the city? Sit here and read."

Gawain looks at her. "We're just like you. But instead of being by ourselves we talk to each other."

Blake ignored him and stood up. "Didn't you have something planned for us, Weiss?"

Weiss starts to think about what Blake meant and then sudden stands up. "We have to go to the city!!"

She rushes out the room and down the hall, leaving her friends behind. Blake soon follows after her. Ruby gives Gawain a hug. "Want to go with us? I'm sure the other two won't mind."

Gawain hugs her back before they separate. "I'll pass. I have to go to town, but I've been hanging around you all too much."

Yang gives him a hug he returns. "Going with Pyrrha then?"

Gawain pats her head. Hand very much intact. "No. I need a break for me. Plus, I need to get some guy things too."

Yang and Ruby leave soon after he says this. Gawain finds his wallet and Scroll, then he double checks himself for anything before leaving the room. He missed the first Bullhead to Vale, so the trip to Vale was quiet on the next one that arrived. He felt unnerved from it. He's always used to someone he knows talking to him, yet there is no one doing that. He then wonders if a peace of mind from them is something he should have actually done. Making to the city he began hus quest for necessities. "Let's see... Shampoo, body wash, toothpaste, Dust, snacks, and some new clothes... I hate shopping for clothes."

He puts away the list and walks towards a close by Dust shop. After buying that he goes to a grocery store and got most of the things on his list. Now, he's heading towards a clothes shop he's been to so many times he can automatically walk to where he needs to go. But like most automatic trips, something blocks the path. And this something was a familiar girl in the series with orange hair and green eyes. She fell back onto her butt and looks up at Gawain, who stares at her in shock. They study each other for a few seconds before Gawain offers her a hand. "Uh, sorry. Let me help you up."

She takes his hand with a smile. "Thank you."

He pulls her up and checks her up and down. "Are you okay? I didn't see you around the corner."

She nods her head. "I am at a 100%. Thank you for your concern."I'm Gawain Goodwitch. And I'm really glad you are okay."

She takes his hand with both of hers and shakes it with great vigor. "Salutations! I am Penny Polendina."

He chuckles at her excitement. Her cheerfulness reminds him of Ruby's cheerfulness. "Nice to meet you, Penny."

She finally let's go and seemed even more excited. "Does this mean we are friends now?"