Chapter 15

Story created by: Thaddeus56 and WriterNPC4564
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Gawain was all by himself inside a Bullhead towards his mission. He was holding a yellow dragon holding a rose necklace Yang and Ruby got for him. "Missing them already?"

He looks up to see the Huntsmen Ozpin assigned him to. He was a light skin man in his late twenties with blond hair, dark blue eyes, and what most women and men would call handsome. His other noticeable feature was the horse tail attached to him. "Yeah. We haven't done much without each other since we were kids."

The man chuckled. "I understand that. My wife has been a childhood friend since forever. Already got our second kid and we been married for five years."

"Must be nice. Surely having such a job causes some concerns?"

He couldn't help but scratch the back of his head nervously. "More than you know. Her being a human too can cause some stress."

"I thought it was hard for a human or Faunus female to bear a child for a human or Faunus male?"

He shakes his head. "It is but isn't. Just catch one or the other during their mating month and bam! Just like there's a kid."

Galatine then decided to speak up. 'So why are you asking this?'

Gawain watches as the Huntsman checks their gear. 'Was just curious. Never could figure out how that would work honestly.'

And then he looks back at necklace and sighs. He knows what happens and knows that where he is going is close by. He hopes he can meet up with them and help in defending the city. The Bullhead began its descent to an opening by the mountain in which the two males jumped out as it flew by. Their auras took most of the impact as the rolled. "Looks like the mission can begin, rookie."

Gawain begins to stretch. "Good. I have plans after this, so I hope to hurry."

Now you may be wondering what their mission is and it may surprise you as to what it is. Recon. Now Gawain may not be the best at stealth like the Huntsman, but that's why he's there. Their goal is to figure out why Grimm around Mt. Glenn have be restless here recently. Normally it would require a Third Year but due to Gawain's skill and the Huntsman experience it would make sense the two could handle it. The Huntsman pats Gawain on the shoulder. "Let's get a move on. This mystery won't solve itself."

Gawain gave him a nod and follows him to a trail leading to the destroyed city. At one point they came across some bodies torn to pieces. The Huntsman stops and studies the murder scene. "This is a sad sight... Can't tell who or what they were or how many due to the damage..."

Gawain looks over his shoulder and felt slightly sick. "Must have been fighters of some degree... There's Dust shells and slash marks all around."

The Huntsman stands up. "Yeah... But, it's no Huntsman from around here. Only we've been sent to this side of the mountain. Another team was dispatched to the city."

Gawain finds a broken axe. "Mercenaries? Or perhaps bandits?"

The Huntsman finds a cheap revolver. "If mercs they must have been new or ill equipped... But this mission wasn't out for any to pick up on it. And no bandit group is usually stupid enough to come near here due to the amount of Grimm... No this is group not known around here."

Gawain then remembered what group is here. "The White Fang..."

"Huh?"

Gawain looks at the Huntsman. "The White Fang. Their presence isn't known that well around here, but it would make the sense. Where else could they hide that many eyes aren't focused on?"