𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 5

"How do you know Bondita". The man asked Anirudh drawing his attention toward him. Anirudh turned to look at the man and answered.

                                                              ......................................................

Anirudh POV

"Sh-ee was my childhood friend" I answered. I was not able to utter a single word but I somehow answered his question. Tears flowing like waterfalls. My heart was throbbing fast and my restlessness grew more. Somewhere my heart refused to believe it. How could she leave me? But my heart told me to search for her, my Bondita. She promised me that she'll be in front of my eyes when I return.

"She is alive" I heard the man the man spoke with a puff and released the smoke. I heard his voice which made me perplexed.

"She is alive?" I asked him again for which he just hummed

"Where is she? Please take me to her, it's been years since I did not see her, I know she is alive. Please give her address I go meet her first" I just uttered all at once without taking a breath. But the old man was sitting calmly puffing his cigarette. Then he looked at me with a smirk on his lips, while I was restless.

"I will take you to her what will I get in return," he asked

"I'll give you whatever you want but please take me to her" I requested him almost heavy tone.

Anirudh POV end..........

Anirudh pleaded with the old man to take  him to his Bondita. While he was enjoying the way the eldest son of the greatest businessman, a London returned barrister, the hire of the Zamindars how mercilessly collected tax from the villagers, Anirudh Roy Choudhary begging a mere village person.

"Ok I take you to her, but In return, I want fifty rupees." the man demanded to which Anirudh agreed. The man to Anirudh to come near the lake where the boat harbor at 7 'O'clock sharp. And ordered him to wear traditional clothes. For which nodded in agreement. And left to the hevali in his car.

                                                        .........................................

Trilochan POV

I was sitting on my luxurious couch and reading the newspaper. Suddenly I heard the car sound that drew my attention. Guessing it must be Anirudh I again concentrated on the newspaper. But to my surprise, it was not him. It was Mr&Mrs. Bhaumik. They entered the mansion with a basket of sweets and fruits.

"Welcome Mr.Bhaumik, what a sudden surprise." I greeted him

"Just felt like meeting you" he replied

I lead him towards the royal couch and made him sit. I ordered Bhari to get chai for everyone.

"So what's the news, where is Anirudh babu" he asked me

"Anirudh has gone out to meet his old friends, he'll be back in sometime" I said

"So what is the next plan, I mean Anirudh has completed his studies and will join his work next week, what about marriage" he questioned

"Marriage, I did not even think about it " I said

"Well, my daughter Saudmini wants to marry your son, so what do you think" he said. Which made me numb for a minute.

Even I want him to get married and perhaps he is right Saudamini will be the best match for him. She is a beautiful, educated, rich, and well-cultured woman.

"Once I talk to Anirudh, I'll inform you" I said

"Why should you talk to Anirudh, you are the eldest of the family and you have to decide it Trilochan babu " Said Mrs.Bhaumik.

Indeed she is right, I am the eldest of the family so I have to decide everything in this house. Saudamini is the right match for Anirudh. So I accepted the proposal and they left. Immediately I told Bhari to call the royal priest to the mansion, to find a date for the engagement followed by the marriage. Soon the priest arrived and checked the dates and told the engagement can be held after two weeks followed by the marriage next month.

After the departure of the priest, Anirudh arrived home. I stopped him to talk to him but he refused as he was tired and rushed up to his room.

....................................................

Bondita was getting ready for her performance her hair was braided beautifully with jasmine flowers decorating it. She was wearing a dark red color Bharathanatyam saree. She was adorned with temple jewelry. She went towards the trunk where she has kept her anklets. She slowly moved towards the idol of Lord Nataraja the lord of dance avatar of Lord Shiva. She kept the anklets near the foot of the statue and bowed her head to seek blessings. Soon as opened her eyes her mates joined her and lead out where everyone from the nearby villages was waiting for their performance. She quickly wore her anklets and headed toward the stage.

....................................

Anirudh POV....

It was almost 6:30 pm when I reached the river bank. The man was still not there. I was still not able to trust him. Many thoughts were running inside my mind.

The time was now 7:13 pm and the man still did not arrive. With each passing moment, I felt restless. The sky was filled with darkness and few men there were lighting the fire. Just then the man arrived and made me breadth a little.

"Thank god you came, so can we go now" I asked him.

"Money?" he asked with a stern face. Immediately I took the money from my pocket and hand it over to him. He saw the money and smirked and kept the money in his kurta pocket. He call the man from the group who was enjoying the campfire to take us to the other side of the river. The man and I quickly sat on the boat. While the boat was sailing few questions arose in my mind, so I decided to ask him.

"How do you know where Bondita is? Why did the man tell me that she is dead? " I asked him.

"Do you want to know answers to these questions or want to meet Bondita "

                                     ...............................................................

HOW WAS THE CHAPTER 

ARE YOU LIKING THE STORY LINE

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT 

TARGET 25+ VOTES  ll  10+ COMMENTS 

THANKYOU