Chapter 5: The Sign

I'm sorry for updating the story so late. Authornim has gotten busy these past months and I haven't had the time to write the chapters.

P.S. This update is reaaally short and it's only Key's POV you'll get to see. I'm reaaally sorry.

--

KEY'S POV

I don't know what led our conversation to these hypotheticals but I think this is my chance to tell her.

"You have to tell her officially, Key hyung."

"Taemin's right. Don't let this end up like what happened 3 years ago."

I don't want to make the same mistake this time. Once is freaking enough. I had this huge guilt for 3 years and I'm not that dumb to repeat that mistake. And like I said, Yoohee's too precious to be hurt. The band grew up with her and I saw how she made the band what we are now - SHINee.

"Exactly. Okay, so let's say hypothetically that I like you. If I hypothetically confess to you, will you accept it?"

I didn't know what has gotten into me when I said that. Freudian slip, I guess.

"Hypothetically, I will act like nothing happened first, I'll think, and if you deserve it, I'll give it a try."

I was quite surprised with what she said.

"Let's stop with these hypotheticals. Let's go home." I said with a smile.

"Walk me home, Bummie. These shopping bags will kill me."

"No, I won't." She glared at me. "Kidding. Go go go!"

This is the sign I was looking for. I'm willing to endure anything... for her.

I walked her home like I said I would. I'm scared of what her mother will say about me if I don't. Duh, Yoohee left their house with me and she'll come home without me? I have manners, you know.

When we reached their house, her parents were already there.

"Eomma, we're here."

"Okay. Kibum's with you?"

"Nae, eomoni. I'm here." I said. She came out of their kitchen and hugged both of us.

"Oh, you two went shopping."

"Nae, eomma. Bummie's style is the best, don't you think?"

"I know. Kibum-ah, stay for dinner. I'll call Chanhyun and Hyojung."

(A/N: Chanhyun and Hyojung are Key's parents here.)

"Sure, eomoni. You know I can't say no to your cooking."

"Oh, please. You love my cooking. I'll call your parents, okay? Dinner's in a few."

The dinner turned out good. A few 'How are you?'s ' and the next thing I knew, Yoohee's walking me to their door.

"Thanks for the dinner. Tell eomoni I had a good time."

She chuckled, "Sure. It's really been a while since the last time you had dinner with us. You know you're mom's second favourite in the band."

"Yah! I deserve to be first." We laughed.

Her laugh, it never fails to make me smile.

"Uh..."

"Exactly. Okay, so let's say hypothetically that I like you. If I hypothetically confess to you, will you accept it?"

"Yungee. I..."

"Yeah?"

"Hypothetically, I will act like nothing happened first, I'll think and if you deserve it, I'll give it a try."

"I better go now." I said with a smile.

She nodded then waved at me, "Get home safely."

I stepped out of their house and started walking home... away from her.

It's not time yet. She's not ready.