Chapter 3: I Won't Let Anyone Hurt Her

YOOHEE’S POV

After the call, I didn’t get to sleep for hours. I was busy stressing about what I had heard. I didn’t know if I was intended to hear it or not or, if what Onew said is true or if he’s just using me as an excuse on that Sehun guy. But I know Onew and heck, I can bet my life that he’s not a good liar.

It’s Monday today and as usual, Jonghyun and I went to school together. On the way, all I did was to think about the weekend.

“Yah, Yoohee.”

Should I ask him about it?

“Uh... Uee!”

What if he gets weirded out? I mean it’s not my business to ask him ab-

“JUNG YOOHEE!” Jonghyun snapped his fingers in front of me.

“Wae?” I asked, completely unaware of what was happening

“We went past the school already. You spaced out the entire time we were walking.”

“Sorry.”

“Are you alright? You seem pretty troubled this morning. Did something happen?” he asked, sounding concerned.

“Eobseo. I’m fine.”

He shrugged, “O-kay? Let’s go, we’re gonna be late.”

~

JONGHYUN’S POV

Yoohee looks stressed today. I know something’s troubling her.

“Eobseo. I’m fine.” She smiled somehow weakly. Tss. She thinks I’ll easily fall for that? No way.

“Okay. Let’s go, we’re gonna be late.” I pretended that I believe her little act for a while.

How’d I know something’s stressing her?

[FLASHBACK]

“Eomoni?”

“Ah, Jonghyun-ah.” I hugged Yoohee’s mom.

Ever since Yoohee and I became friends, her parents became my second parents. They treat me like their own son since my dad’s always overseas for work. I’m really close to them especially Yoohee’s mom. My mom passed away when I was 13 so she became my second mom.

“Eomoni, where’s Yoohee?” I asked her.

“Aigoo. You always look for Yoohee the moment you step inside the house.” That made me chuckle

“She’s in her room.” I nodded then made my way upstairs. “Stay ‘til dinner, arachi?”

“Nae, eomoni.” I sang. Making my way in front of Yoohee’s bedroom door, I heard her voice.

“Hello? Onew?” Oh great. So she’s talking to herself now? Wait. Did I just hear her call Onew hyung? He’s inside her room?

I slightly opened the door so I can see who’s inside. Only Yoohee’s in there. She’s talking to her phone.