Chapter 8: A Trip to Memory Lane [PART 2]

JONGHYUN's POV

"We're here." I looked at Yoohee and see her sleeping. She must've been so tired. I poked her cheek to wake her but she didn't move.

"Hey... wake up." I chuckled at the sight. I don't remember seeing her like this. She looks peaceful. Oddly enough, she looks cute. I pinched her right cheek slightly and smiled. I decided to just carry her inside and not disturb her from her deep slumber.

"Jonghyun, why don't you stay the night? It's late. I know you're already tired. I'll call your parents and have them send you clothes first thing in the morning." Yoohee's mom offered. I thanked her and went to the guest room.

I climbed to bed as soon as I took a quick shower and thought about today. It's refreshing to see the hyungs again. I missed them. I knew how much they miss us, especially Yoohee. She's their princess. She's been unusual since Jinki hyung's confession. I thought being with the hyungs again is what she needed. I wanted her to be herself again.

~

I had just received an invitation for Jiyong hyung and Dara noona's wedding this morning. Yoohee must have gotten hers, too, and I know she is excited to go to her favourite brother.

"Appa, can I borrow the car this weekend?"

"What for?"

"Jiyong hyung's getting married and Yoohee and I are going together. The venue is a long way from here, I figured if I take the car we'd get there in time."

"Okay. The car's all yours for the weekend."

"Thanks appa."

My phone vibrated and the screen pops out Uee's name. I pressed accept and put the phone close to my ears.

"Hey."

"Did you get the invitation? Huh? Huh? Tell me you got the invitation."

I quietly chuckled. "What invitation?"

"What? Jiyong oppa's wedding invitation. Don't tell me he didn't send you one." This time I laughed.

"Relax. I got one. You wouldn't think he'd forget about his favourite dongsaeng, would you?"

"Hey, I'm his favourite dongsaeng!" she whined which brought a smile to my face

"Okay, okay. Why don't we buy clothes later?"

"Sure. Come over?"

"Great. I'll be there." I said and hung up.

I took the car and we bought clothes for the wedding. I smiled each time I see her smile. I miss this, just the two of us, hanging out. Things really have been different now.

The next day, I went to Yoohee's early because I can't sleep the night before. After a good two hours, we were on our way to the venue. When we arrived, the chapel was packed. I saw hyung's parents and the other hyungs. I told Yoohee to wait for me so we can come inside together.

"Youngbae hyung?" I called out as soon as I saw a familiar figure with pink hair.

"Jonghyun! Yoohee! Yah... look at you two." Hyung hugged both of us and I saw Yoohee run to Seungri hyung.

"Hyung, what happened to your hair?" I joked. But I have to admit, it suits him.

"What happened to you? Are you and Yoohee a couple now?"

"What? No hyung. I have a girlfriend."

"Really? Way to go, man. Is she pretty?" and we talked for a while.

"Jonghyun? Is that you?" a familiar deep voice called out from behind me

I turn around and saw TOP hyung. "The one and only, hyung." I smiled and hugged him.

"What's up, man? Did you get taller?" I smacked his arm, Youngbae hyung laughing beside me.

"That's enough. Why don't we go to our seats and introduce you to Dara's friends? The wedding's about to start." Youngbae hyung suggested and led us to where Yoohee is. She was talking animatedly to Seungri hyung and his girlfriend, Minzy.

"Yah, Yoohee. You've changed, huh? You look beautiful."

"Eyy, oppa you haven't changed a bit. Still handsome as ever."

"Hyung, where's Daesung hyung?" I asked. It's so unlikely of him to be missing.

"He's overseas. He signed a record deal in Japan. Too bad he wasn't here to see you two. Oh, wait here. I'll call Bom and Chaerin and introduce them to both of you." Taeyang hyung said. He and Seunghyun hyung left.

The wedding was divine. GD hyung looks classy in his tux. It's the first time I've seen him look handsome. His expression was a mixture of happiness and anxiety when the ceremony started. The anxiety in his face later vanished when the chapel doors revealed Dara noona in a vintage wedding dress.

"Hey, he's not dead. Stop crying," I joked when I see Yoohee started tearing up. She punched my arm and giggle-sobbed. I smiled, wiped her tears and put an arm around her.

At the reception, the gang, including the groom and bride, had some catch up. After a while, I saw the groom offer Yoohee his hand. They walked to the dance floor and danced. I realized I was staring at them when Seungri hyung spoke from behind me.

"The guy's married. He won't steal Yoohee from you."

"Huh? Uh, what?"

He chuckled. "Nothing, kid." He pats my shoulder.

I shrugged it off and watched Jiyong hyung and Yoohee at the dance floor. Seeing them together, Yoohee looks comfortable around him. She suddenly looked like a princess. She seemed delicate around the hyungs. That smile, I haven't seen her smile like that since they left for college. It looked more natural, shows true happiness. I mimicked her smile. All the trouble I got into this weekend is nothing compared to that.

~

Seeing her happier than usual earlier at the wedding, it made me realize that I haven't seen her like that after the hyungs left us. Have I been a bad best friend? Have I not been paying attention enough? We became busy with our lives – her on high school department duties, me on my girlfriend and the band – we haven't had time for ourselves. Before Jiyong hyung and the others left for college, I made a promise to them that I'd take care of her. A couple of years passed and I forgot to keep my promise.

I got up and treaded my way to her room. She's sound asleep. I went in and sat on the edge of the bed. She doesn't move. "I'm sorry. I hadn't been a great best friend to you. Sorry if I hadn't seen through you like I always do. We're starting to drift apart, I think," I sighed at thought. "But I won't let that happen. I'll make it up to you." I kissed her forehead and brushed her hair away from her face. I took a got look at her and head towards to the door and back to the guest room.

"I wish tomorrow will be as great as today." I said and drifted to sleep.

--

Part 2~ I've finished this part the same time as the first part but I hadn't posted it bec internet connection was lost. Anyway... I have at least 2 chapters here though I can't promise to post it sooner.

Enjoy this part for now~

xx