Chapter 7: Maybe

A new chapter (Yay!) and an introduction to a new character. *O* 

If you like this story, do follow me and if you are on Twitter, follow me @_saranghakyeon so we can interact with each other. :)

YOOHEE's POV

I'm here outside the dean's office waiting for the dean's secretary to let me in. A few minutes ago, she called me and said that the dean wants to discuss something with me.

"The dean's ready to see you now." I bowed and went inside.

"Dean Park, you wanted to see me?" I asked before taking a seat. I hesitated at first because a tall, dark skinned guy was sitting on the other chair across Dean Park.

"Ah yes, Miss Jung. By the way, this here is Cha Hakyeon." He gestured towards the dark skinned guy sitting beside me and we bowed to each other.

"He's the reason why I called you today. You see, Mr. Cha here is a transfer student from the States. As president of the high school department, I want you to guide him and make sure he feels welcome here in our school."

-

"Hi. I'm Yoohee, by the way. Do you have your class schedule already?" He pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket and gave it to me.

"Oh. This is easy. Most of your classes are similar to mine."

"I understand what you're saying. You don't have to say it like I'm deaf." He chuckled after saying that.

"Dean said you transferred from the States so I thought you wouldn't—"

"I lived here for a while now. I'm pretty sure I can understand you." I nodded and he chuckled.

"I'm from Malibu, hence the skin tone, came home 6 months ago. My parents are pure Korean though. We migrated to the States when I was 8, lived there since."

"So what made you come back here?" I asked out of curiosity. If he lived there for 10 years, what reason would he have to come back to Korea?

"Nothing important. I thought it was nice to rediscover myself here."

I just nodded. I have nothing to reply to that. We just met and I'm not one to pry on someone's life.

"Oh. Here's our next class." I gestured to the door on his left.

"English?" He asked in disbelief, looking at his schedule.

"Yes. I'm sure you won't have any problem with this one."

-

KEY'S POV

Frustration. Regrets. I looked up the ceiling and only these two words flash on my mind.

Yes, I regret not confessing to Yoohee. Ugh. If I knew the situation beforehand, I would've gone for it.

~

"Hey guys, where's Yoohee?" Yeonggam hyung asked as soon as he arrived our table.

. I looked around me and realized that Yoohee is indeed not here. "Oh yeah. Hey Taemin, aren't you classmates with Yoohee during first period?"

"I saw her during class today, but not after first period. She just disappeared." Taemin shrugged.

I'm sure she's busy with her president duties. I was about to return to my lunch when I noticed Yeonggam hyung's expression. Something does not look right. Before I could ask what's wrong, Jjong cut me off.

"I'll go look for her." Jjong looked up to him and they stared at each other for a while. I don't understand how everyone in this table but me doesn't sense the tension between these two.

"No." Hyung said, breaking the contact, and ran off.

Whatever the problem is, I have a feeling Yoohee is involved in this. I have to know.

"Hey..." I started. "I forgot I have to go somewhere before class."

"But hyung, you promised to help me with th—"

"Later, Taeminnie, okay?" I smiled at him, got my things and left.

I hurried to the soccer field. I knew she'll be here. I remember she ran here because of campaign stress and this had been her 'escape pod' since then.

I was right. She is here...and Jinki hyung, too. Hiding behind a tree a few feet from them, I heard hyung speak.

"Yoohee, listen..."

"About what you heard, it's true. I do like you. I know you're still a bit shocked about what you knew – and how you knew which by the way is a little dumb, I know – but I just want to clear everything out for you. I understand that you are having a hard time wrapping your head around it..."

Something fell inside me. I decided to walk away and skip my next class.

~

And now here I am, staring at my ceiling.

Was I right when I chose not to tell her how I feel? That day, I felt like I did it because my confession might overwhelm her. But now, I felt like I unknowingly set aside my confession to give way for Onew hyung. I didn't know he liked her, and of all people, him?!

I groan in frustration and slapped my forehead as I get up.

Maybe I need some time away...

-

HAKYEON'S POV

I have decided to return to school here in Korea since I needed to come back here and I get bored easily. Good thing this school's principal is our family friend. I didn't have a hard time on the procedures.

"That wasn't so bad, is it?" Yoohee snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Uh, yeah. I'll ace this one for sure." I said, smirking.

Yoohee is nice. No wonder she's the department president. She probably knows everyone here.

"Hey, our class isn't until another 2 hours. Do you want to grab a snack?" she offered.

"Sure." I followed her to what appears to be the cafeteria.

Yoohee was talking about her friends when my phone vibrated. I fished it out of my pocket and excused myself. The phone showed 'Leo' on the screen. I slide the accept button and put it close to my ear.

"Hyung, what is it? Something wrong?"

"..."

"Hyung."

"Ace called the kids."

"Really? Do you think it's going to be a big one?"

"....yes."

"Okay. Time?"

"Midnight."

"What? Tonight?"

"A week from now."

"Okay."

"Is it time?"

I smirked. "Maybe." I said and ended the call.

Wow. It'll be a delightful surprise.