Chapter 2: He Likes Me?

ONEW’S POV

[FLASHBACK]

“Hey Jonghyun, is the new song done? The music bar owner wants to know when we’ll be able to play it. They want something new within this month.”

It’s true, the owner called me last night to ask if we have a new song for our next gig, but I also asked him because I was hoping we won’t have any schedule this coming weekend.

I’m planning to ask someone on a date this weekend and I don’t want anything to ruin it.

“Yup. Hyung, let’s practice next weekend. I think I’ll be able to finish it by then.” Jonghyun answered.

“Yes! Man up, Jinki. Now’s your only chance to ask Yoohee.” I mumbled to myself.

Yes, I like Yoohee.

It’s been a long time since I started liking her secretly. The reason I didn’t have the guts to ask her out is because of the band.

I don’t want them to know I like Yoohee. They’ll surely tease us and she’ll feel awkward towards me.

There’s also Jonghyun, the over-protective best friend. If you don’t know Jonghyun and Yoohee, you might think he’s her older brother.

After that, we just talked about random stuff and then we laughed at Taemin’s middle parting hairstyle. That should be banned on men. Like seriously, it looks horrible on anyone. I don’t even know where and why Taemin got that hairstyle.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

“Lunch’s almost over. I better go to my class.” Minho declared after looking at his watch. Well, that’s a first. I was almost surprised that punk can speak.

“Oh, right. Key hyung and I have to go, too. See you later, guys.” Taemin also said.

Okay Jinki, keep yourself together. You have to do this now or else you won’t have another chance. Before Yoohee could disappear, I finally spoke.

“YooHee-ya, I want to talk to you about something. Do you mind if we walk together?” I flashed my eye smile so she won’t sense how nervous I am right now.

“Sure.” She replied. I mentally sighed in relief.

We started walking to her class in silence, none of us having the courage to speak first. I can feel my heart beating fast. I won’t be surprised if I pass out any minute from now.

“What do you want to talk to me about?” she finally broke the silence. She must’ve realized I haven’t asked her anything yet.

“Ah, right. You see… uhm… I have nothing to do this weekend and I was wondering if… I want to… uh…” I stuttered while rubbing the back of my neck. Shit, Onew, you’re screwing this up big time.