Seven

"Earth to Cap?" Steve looked up from the paperwork he had spread in front of him to see Sam standing there with his hands on his hips.

"Sam. What's up?" Steve asks.

"I wanted to talk to you about one of the recruits. Think she should be filtered into advanced covert training." Sam sat down across from him.

"Are you talking about Jenny?"

Sam nods and Steve looked back down at the paperwork as he said absently, "Yeah, she's good. I'll talk to Nat to see if she has time to fit in another recruit."

"Man, what are you studying with such intensity?" Sam asked as he leaned forward to get a better look at the paperwork, "A mission?"

"What?" Steve looked back up and then shook his head, "Oh, no, it's personal."

"What kind of personal?" Sam tried to pull some of the papers closer.

Steve pulled them back and said, "I'm buying a house."

"Whoa. Really? I didn't know you guys were looking for a house."

"She doesn't know yet. I'm surprising her with it. Once the sale goes through and the adjustments I'm going to have made."

Sam hums in the back of his throat and Steve looks up at him, "What?"

"Just...don't you think buying a house should be a joint decision?"

Steve barely restrained himself from rolling his eyes as he said, "You doubting I know my girl and what she wants?"

Sam held his hands up, "Chill man, I was just asking. So, things must be pretty serious then?"

Looking back down at the paperwork and adding his signature where it was required, Steve started to gather it all back up as he said, "I'm asking her to marry me in a couple weeks."

Sam's face broke out in a wide grin as he said, "Oh, hey man! That's great. Congrats."

He smiled in response, stuffing the papers in the manila envelope and he stood up, "Thanks, Sam. Well, I gotta drop these off and then go home to get ready for that thing."

Steve was watching as you got ready for the party when he said, "I think Bucky should live with us."

You toss a look over your shoulder at him, eyebrows contracted, "What? Why?"

"Well, his therapist thinks it might be a good idea for him to try for some more independance now that the condition that he must live at the compound has expired." Which was partially true, but you didn't need to know that.

"Is moving in with roommates really something she would consider as being independant?" You asked.

"I think she would consider it a move in the right direction for him to move in with his lover." Steve said, enjoying the way that your face flushed prettily. You still hadn't fully given yourself over to the fact that you were as much Bucky's as his now. Steve knew you'd get there eventually and he suspected if you were forced to spend time with him every night, well you would accept it easier.

"Oh, I don't know Steve," you said, your voice full of uncertainty.

To distract you from it, Steve steps over to you, wrapping his arms around you and nibbling at your neck. He watched your face in the mirror, at the way your eyes closed and you automatically tipped your head to give him better access. He smooths his hands up your inner thighs, pushing your skirt up as he did. Your breath hitches when he brushes his fingers over you and you murmur, "Steve, we are gonna be late."

He just hums, ignoring your words and listening to the way your body spoke to him instead. Pushing aside the crotch of your panties, he rubbed a finger through your folds, slipping it inside your heat as he rubbed his thumb over your clit at the same time. You arched back into him, your hand curling around his arm as if to stop him, but your hips canted into his hand.