Promise? | Luca Changretta

'Promise? | Luca Changretta'

•••••

BEING MARRIED LUCA TO CHANGRETTA WAS GOING TO BE HARD. You're sure that it's not even going to be a marriage to begin with, just a way to settle things between the Shelby's and Changretta's after John's death had allowed everyone to realise just how dangerous the situation was. It was your old teacher, Mrs Changretta, that suggested the marriage seeing how she already loved you and that she knew you would do anything to save your family.

Luca Changretta needed a wife, he was a man who had everything except that. When you and him met first years ago he had picked up on how beautiful and polite you were so he wasn't disgusted by his mamma's idea. So you both signed the contact, the contract that stopped any further deaths, any further fights and any further blood shed between the two rival families.

The wedding will come three months after the signing, only a few weeks to go now. Mrs Changretta invites you around for tea alot during these months, trying to help you and Luca become comfortable with one another. Despite her efforts there is still massive progress to be made between the both of you, you exchange small petty comments about one another, yet find yourself waiting up for him to come home late at night when you stay round, realising he hadn't come back. He finds himself defending you when any of his family members refer to you as a 'pikey' or take advantage of your kindness.

The wedding is in two weeks, you and Luca have started to realise what it is that you have gotten yourselves into and although you don't love him you know it's going to be fine, especially with his mamma around to make sure of it.

Tonight is one of those nights where you find yourself sat on the sofa of the fancy house in Birmingham that belonged to the Changretta's. You reassured Mrs Changretta that you would stay up until her son came home but as your eyelids got heavier and heavier you were finding the task difficult.

The lavish velvet of the sofa is comfortable against your skin as you lay there waiting for him, just so that you can finally go to bed and fulfil your promise to the older woman. However you're not looking forward to the smug look he's going to have after realising you have waited up for him.

You would, and still will, always deny that any part of your could ever imagine yourself to have feelings for him but as each day goes on you find the small things about Luca. Small things that you can see yourself liking about your future husband.

The small click of the front door unlocking snaps you out of your thoughts as the certain Changretta you had waited up for walks in. His black coat outlining his lean figure, his tattoos peeking out here and there.

You arise silently from your seat and spare a second to look at him as he removes his coat and hat; you can tell he's stressed.

"You alright?" You ask quietly and casually trying to cover up your concern.

Your eyes meet for a second as he searches yours, trying to see if the worry he had detected was correct.

"I'll be fine, mio tesoro." He says with a shake of his head as he makes his way to the small bar. "My mamma ask you to stay up again?"

By now he's pouring himself a drink and that to you is a big indicator he isn't himself.

"Yeah, I promised her I would." You admit.

"She likes you, ya know? My mamma, she likes you alot." He states before downing his drink.

"I like her a lot too, her and Poll are like my mothers, she's softer than Aunt Poll though." You smile slightly at the thought of your Aunt Poll who you haven't seen for a while, she didn't agree with you signing your marriage away for everyone else but deep inside she knew it was the right thing.

"You haven't gotta wait up for me just because my mamma wants you to." Side eyeing you as you stand in the hallway and him in the lounge, he still stays stood by the mini bar.

"It's alright I don't mind."

You watch him smirk and that's when you get defensive.

"What are you smirking at?" You snap, crossing your arms.

"Nothing, mio tesoro . Nothing at all." He patronises as he turns to face you.

"What does that even mean?" Now you were irritable, watching his smirk at the thought of you staying up for him, the thought of you caring for him even if it was only a tiny bit.

"What? Mio Tesoro?" He raises an eyebrow innocently, as he comes closer, you now having to look up at the taller person.

"Yes, mio Tesoro, I swear to god if it means Pikey I'm going to hit you Luca." You threaten pointing a finger at him as his smirk forms into a smile before he asks.

"Promise?" His smirk grows

"Yes, I bloody do, now what does it mean!?" You almost shout however cautious about waking your soon to be mother in law.

"I can assure you it doesn't mean Pikey." Grabbing your wrist gently, he lowers it from pointing at him but not letting go of it.

"Then what does it mean?" You ask softer, admitting defeat to your curiosity, he had called you the name many times and you had no idea what it meant.

"Forget it, I won't call you it anymore if it bothers you." He shrugs, letting go of your wrist and trying to make his way upstairs.

Much to your annoyance you miss his touch and want him to come back.

"How will I know if it bothers me or not if I don't know what it means?" You lightly sulk.

Even though he was almost halfway up the stairs he turns, coming back down. To your surprise, although not discomfort, he cups your face into his hands.

"My treasure." He looks at your for a moment before looking away, in embarrassment? In shame? You aren't sure, it's a soppy nickname but you find yourself trying to stop your smile at the gesture.

You decide to press a small, quick kiss to the corner of his mouth, mumbling a quick good night. His hand lingering on you for as long as it could before you were out of reach.

That night you laid there, guilt swirling in your stomach. You had grown to care for the man that killed John, you had grown to care for your bother's killer.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Please don't forget to comment as to whether you like these, I'm also open to requests and will try my hardest to pull them off. But like I said please comment if you have any criticism or positive feedback.

Many thanks,

BLINDERLICIOUS